Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2006, 02:33 PM

Default Sushi trip report (that i forgot to post last time)

EDIT: F*CK THIS SH*T WTF!!!!!! why doesn't anything work?? even the spacing is retarded ...i have no idea what is going on with the forums.........

So last week on thursday i go to Miso (my favorite sushi restaurant to date b/c of their toro)

i chill w/ sushi guys and hostess and have a great time. Nanda (one of the sushi chefs) remembered i liked natural green tea and brought his from home (nanda is the guy usually on the left in the pics). his green tea is awesome, jasmin + green tea that you put in the bottom of a glass, then pour in hot water. at first, the tea goes to the top and as it brews it gains weight and sinks to the bottom. ...

EDIT: ok, well these are all links now b/c the image command doesn't seem to be working at all.

tea

then i order toro sashimi, seen here
toro sashimi

this toro looks odd b/c its right out of the fridge and hasnt' warmed up yet. nanda thought toro tastes better cold and i tried it but i like it softer and warmer.

as i keep talking to the sushi guys, they are making some impressive rolls. here are two of them (the sushi guys then the rolls)

nanda and zhou

sunshine roll 1

sunshine roll 2

this is the sunshine roll. it's tuna and some stuff i forget with mango wrapped on outside.

this next one isn't really a "roll" just a nice looking sushi platter

platter

finally, i order nigiri toro and sake to finish off my meal. the other sushi guy (on the right and the one who made the sunshine roll above) cuts the fish so thick for me and it's awesome. this toro was the last in the restaurant and it was the perfect consistency. the salmon was also delicious, here are some pics of those.

toro and sake

my last piece of toro 1

my last piece of toro2

notice how the toro on that one piece of rice was so big that i had to take part of it off and it's under the lemon on the top of the plate (prior to separation, that was ONE piece of sushi)

this is what i consider to be the best toro ive had to date.

hope you guys enjoyed the pics.

Barron

EDIT: F*CK THIS SH*T WTF!!!!!! why doesn't anything work?? even the spacing is retarded
Old 05-29-2006, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Sushi trip report (that i forgot to post last time)

Im not sure why spacing is a problem but UBB code has been disabled because of the splice hacking problems.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:06 PM

Well, here's his post w/o the returns. It's better than nothin'.
-Sam

So last week on thursday i go to Miso (my favorite sushi restaurant to date b/c of their toro) i chill w/ sushi guys and hostess and have a great time. Nanda (one of the sushi chefs) remembered i liked natural green tea and brought his from home (nanda is the guy usually on the left in the pics). his green tea is awesome, jasmin + green tea that you put in the bottom of a glass, then pour in hot water. at first, the tea goes to the top and as it brews it gains weight and sinks to the bottom. ... EDIT: ok, well these are all links now b/c the image command doesn't seem to be working at all. tea then i order toro sashimi, seen here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] toro sashimi this toro looks odd b/c its right out of the fridge and hasnt' warmed up yet. nanda thought toro tastes better cold and i tried it but i like it softer and warmer. as i keep talking to the sushi guys, they are making some impressive rolls. here are two of them (the sushi guys then the rolls) nanda and zhou sunshine roll 1 sunshine roll 2 this is the sunshine roll. it's tuna and some stuff i forget with mango wrapped on outside. this next one isn't really a "roll" just a nice looking sushi platter [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] platter finally, i order nigiri toro and sake to finish off my meal. the other sushi guy (on the right and the one who made the sunshine roll above) cuts the fish so thick for me and it's awesome. this toro was the last in the restaurant and it was the perfect consistency. the salmon was also delicious, here are some pics of those. toro and sake my last piece of toro 1 my last piece of toro2 notice how the toro on that one piece of rice was so big that i had to take part of it off and it's under the lemon on the top of the plate (prior to separation, that was ONE piece of sushi) this is what i consider to be the best toro ive had to date. hope you guys enjoyed the pics. Barron
Old 05-30-2006, 02:01 AM

thanks sam, i may repost again w/ pics instead of links but that'll take some work.

anyways people, till then LOVE THE TORO that is there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Barron
Old 05-30-2006, 04:13 PM

Here you go...(resize your pics a little next time for those of us not at 1600x1200 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] )

So last week on thursday i go to Miso (my favorite sushi restaurant to date b/c of their toro) i chill w/ sushi guys and hostess and have a great time. Nanda (one of the sushi chefs) remembered i liked natural green tea and brought his from home (nanda is the guy usually on the left in the pics). his green tea is awesome, jasmin + green tea that you put in the bottom of a glass, then pour in hot water. at first, the tea goes to the top and as it brews it gains weight and sinks to the bottom. then i order toro sashimi, seen here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] this toro looks odd b/c its right out of the fridge and hasn't warmed up yet. nanda thought toro tastes better cold and i tried it but i like it softer and warmer. as i keep talking to the sushi guys, they are making some impressive rolls. here are two of them (the sushi guys then the rolls) this is the sunshine roll. it's tuna and some stuff i forget with mango wrapped on outside. this next one isn't really a "roll" just a nice looking sushi platter [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] finally, i order nigiri toro and sake to finish off my meal. the other sushi guy (on the right and the one who made the sunshine roll above) cuts the fish so thick for me and it's awesome. this toro was the last in the restaurant and it was the perfect consistency. the salmon was also delicious, here are some pics of those. notice how the toro on that one piece of rice was so big that i had to take part of it off and it's under the lemon on the top of the plate (prior to separation, that was ONE piece of sushi) this is what i consider to be the best toro ive had to date. hope you guys enjoyed the pics. Barron