Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 07:08 PM

Default Tournalyzer - sit-n-go simulator

Hey folks. I just finished the major part of my new online tool, the Tournalyzer.
It allows you to simulate "all-in-or-fold" simulations, as typically occur at the end of tournaments and sit-n-gos. From what I hear, this is similar to what sit-n-go analyzer does, although I have not played with that product yet. My tool is web-based, free, and requires no download.

You can find it here: http://www.propokertools.com/simulat...yzerEditor.jsp

I strongly recommend reading the instructions. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'd love any feedback or suggestions you might have.

Cheers,
bachfan
Old 05-20-2006, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Tournalyzer - sit-n-go simulator

nice work! never seen this in a web page before, seem to be working well.) how did you do this? is it javascript?
Old 05-20-2006, 01:01 PM

This is mostly straight-up Java and JSP.

Cheers,
bachfan
Old 05-20-2006, 01:39 PM

I have been looking for a fast Java hand simulator. Is the one you are using publicly available?
Old 05-20-2006, 02:55 PM

Everything on the simulator side (http://www.propokertools.com/simulat...tionEditor.jsp) is free to use on the website.

If you are asking about the actual code, no, it is not freely available - I wrote it all myself. It may become open source in the (far) future.

Cheers,
bachfan

[ QUOTE ]
I have been looking for a fast Java hand simulator. Is the one you are using publicly available?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-20-2006, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everything on the simulator side (http://www.propokertools.com/simulat...tionEditor.jsp) is free to use on the website.

If you are asking about the actual code, no, it is not freely available - I wrote it all myself. It may become open source in the (far) future.

Cheers,
bachfan

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in fact referring to the code so if you do ever decide to open source it I would be interested. Would you ever consider having a web service interface to the simulator?
Old 05-20-2006, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was in fact referring to the code so if you do ever decide to open source it I would be interested. Would you ever consider having a web service interface to the simulator?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely! That has been my goal from the beginning. If you look at the results page for any simulation, you can use that URL in any app you are developing.

I still need to tweak the interface, and allow for returning of just key pieces of info, instead of the whole page.

Cheers,
bachfan
Old 05-20-2006, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Absolutely! That has been my goal from the beginning. If you look at the results page for any simulation, you can use that URL in any app you are developing.

I still need to tweak the interface, and allow for returning of just key pieces of info, instead of the whole page.

Cheers,
bachfan

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you think about using something like Apache Axis and turning it into real web service. If you have never done this it is pretty easy to do. All you need is a servlet container (which you obviously already have) and then if your classes are set up right you can rename the source file from source.java to source.jws place it with in the axis web application and you have a web service. If this interests you and you want some help setting it up PM me. I would be more than willing to help. If not that is cool too. Thanks for the use of the service.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:18 PM

bach you've outdone yourself once again. Thanks!
Old 05-26-2006, 07:48 PM

I've just added some public api logic to the simulators - if you are curious, the post is http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...e=0#Post5967216