Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 10:39 PM

Default 50r hand

A was railing a friend of mine in the 50r, and this hand came up. Its ITM, 18 left, 27 paid. He's 6th in chips. 2nd in chips at the table. Sorry, don't have the hh. blinds 1k/2k w/ antes. MP moves in for 16k. No read, friend just got moved to table. Friend has AdQd and 85k, three from the button. He calls. I debated on whether I raise or call is right here, I think the call is ok. It folds to the loose chipleader in the bb, who has made some more than questionable plays that I've seen.

Flop is AxKd6d. bb checks, Friend bets out for less than half the pot, looking to get value. I tell him he should have pushed here, bb calls. Turn comes a blank, he makes another small bet, again I like a push, again he is called. river is an offsuit 10, bb pushes. I think while watching that friend is beat.

Comments. I'm most curious about preflop and whether to push or not. sorry again about the hh.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:44 PM

Default Re: 50r hand

I'd probably bet like 15K on the flop, move in on the the turn. Milking the flop is definitely correct: you are almost always way ahead, you have significant outs when you are not, and there are virtually no scare cards for you.