Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2006, 06:02 PM

Default QQ, flopped set on ordered, sooooted board

Typical .25/.50 loose, fishy game with a majority of players seeing the flop. Even a monkey knows you cap a flopped top set, but the unique circumstances got me confused on this one.

Flop - Being the preflop capper, I bet, but I put MP2 on AK, KK, AA, and feared he had already made his hand, and he definitely had outs to a straight if not the flush, as well as the limpers, so I just call the raise. Is it still correct to 3-bet this?

Turn - Completely confused at this point....

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (24 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (16.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ???
Old 05-18-2006, 06:16 PM

Default Re: QQ, flopped set on ordered, sooooted board

3-bet the flop, you're probably facing flush and straight draws. Maybe if you're lucky MP2 will have TT or JJ.

Even if someone has a flush or straight already, your outs to the FH justify playing this flop very aggressively and then reevaluating on the turn.

On this turn you'll want to bet out.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:22 PM

why didn't you 3-bet the flop? Bet here.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:31 PM

Isn't MP2's hand screaming AK (16 combos)? We're only hoping he has KK/AA/AQ (16), and maybe has the club which cuts into our equity. I guess JJ &amp; TT helps us out (if he 3-bets those).
Old 05-18-2006, 06:47 PM

I'm also in favor of a 3-bet on the flop because the pot is huge and you are likely ahead and if not, drawing to the full house. Plus it should give you just a bit more information about MP2's hand.

If MP2 just calls, lead the turn. If he caps, I'd check/call the turn.

At any rate, you can't fold until you at least see the river card, and I'd probably call one bet there if no straight or flush card falls. I think it should definitely be folded if one does hit, unless it's again MP2 that bets and for some ridiculous reason neither the button nor the BB calls. I think you can fold in any other situation on the river.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:15 PM

Just three bet the flop. For the sake of argument, we'll say that someone does have the flush.

In that event, we STILL have the equity to cap this flop with our backdoor full house draw.

It's highly likely though that we have the best hand right there.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:22 PM

For the sake of discussion, lets say I did 3-bet flop, then MP2 caps. What do we do on the turn?
Old 05-18-2006, 07:28 PM

You can probably bet call the turn. I definitely don't check it.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't MP2's hand screaming AK (16 combos)? We're only hoping he has KK/AA/AQ (16), and maybe has the club which cuts into our equity. I guess JJ &amp; TT helps us out (if he 3-bets those).

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he does have AK how many outs do we have to the river to fill up? I'm praying he has AA/KK or JJ/TT here(though I agree that's unlikely). With as much dead money as in this pot I want to get my money in.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:50 PM

We have lots of outs against AK, true. But if we are behind, we shouldn't be putting extra bets in. Like I said, I'm running weak lately.