Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2006, 07:13 PM

Default OOT - what are you on? *curious about OOT\'s daily prescription intake

Since I take quite a few prescription medicines daily, I was curious what if anything you all take on a daily basis. I'm prescribed all of these medicines in association with a work injury from last year that I've already had two surgeries to attempt to correct. This isnt a scientific study, not for a paper...just satisfying the curiosity of someone with too much time on his hands. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

stuff I take daily:

Lyrica - a neurological pain management medication that I take to combat nerve damage in my hand from an operation I had. This drug is also used to treat certain types of seizures, but I dont take it for that. This drug is also used to help me sleep thru the night. I take four 75mg gelcaps daily.

Elavil - this drug is also a multi-purpose drug like Lyrica. Elavil is used to treat depression, aid in sleeping, and alleviate certain causes of pain. I take it for all three reasons with one caveat - I'm not depressed, the doc wants me to take this to prevent depression from setting in. I take one 50mg tablet one hour before bed.

Avinza - this is a controlled-release morphine pill. Obviously (I would think) this pill is solely used to alleviate severe pain. I take one 90mg gelcap daily.

Norco - this is a hydrocodone tablet, in the family of Vicodin, Lortab, Codeine, etc. Norco is the "extra strength" version of this family - so says my doc anyways. This medication is also taken purely to alleviate pain. I take 2 tablets every 4 hours up to a max of 10 per day. The dosage of my particular tablets is 10/325 - 10mg hydrocodone and 325mg acetaminophen.

I also take a GNC daily multi-vitamin and GNC Omega fish oil gelcaps, but that's pretty ordinary. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

cliff notes: I have a long standing work injury that I'm still getting treatment for. I take a whole bunch of high-powered painkillers. I'd like to know what the rest of OOT takes on a daily basis.