Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2006, 12:28 PM

Default *Official* Please Graduate from College Thread

Gboro made a similar post on P5's the other day and I can not underscore this point enough.

Anyone who is in college here now or entering, please do not quit just for poker. You get so much out of college throughout the years you are there socially, academically and just in general you gain so much life experience in so many varying situations. You get to learn how to deal with all types of people, how to adapt to awkward situations, and more importantly you learn a TON about who you are as a person. This is all ancillary to the education you get too. Poker may very well not be around for ever, or at the very least not as profitable as it is now, that much is inevitable. Enjoy poker, play it with enthusiasm, learn about it, but please do not seal your fate as a poker player so young because lots of things can change and with college you gain something to fall back on if poker doesnt work out. My worst fear with the influx of online poker is that it will yield a group of young players who forego college to go pro only to find out they cant make it and then have no degree to fall back on.
Another thing is... when you finally do make it through college, you feel damn good about yourself.
~Justin
Old 04-20-2006, 12:29 PM

Default Re: *Official* Please Graduate from College Thread

...what about grad school?
Old 04-20-2006, 12:31 PM

Grad school is for losers, haha. Just kiding, I am simply talking about Undergrad here, Grad school is great if you have a passion to move further with your major.
~Justin
Old 04-20-2006, 12:33 PM

I agree Justin. Obviously the thought of dropping out has crossed my mind, but I feel like I'd really be missing out on an important part of my life if I left.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:34 PM
 is offline

Note to ansky: You're still missing out if you sit in the library all night posting on 2+2. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2006, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Note to ansky: You're still missing out if you sit in the library all night posting on 2+2. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummmmmmm.... pwned!
~Justin

I'm home now! I will be going to bed fairly soon though. What a schedule :-\

Also, I agree with Justin here. College is great for all the reasons he stated above, and much more that one post couldn't possibly contain. Of course, I never had any thoughts of dropping out becuase I was nearly busto most of the time. But still, stay in school.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:39 PM

I'm in college right now at MSU, and although I like the atmosphere I just don't think its the right place for me. BUT - I'm not good enough yet to make a living off my poker skills.

So, I am transferring to an audio technology school on Sunset Blvd, like two blocks west of Hollywood. Hopefully I can enjoy the warmer climate and actually do something I want to do (music) while enjoying my other hobby (poker) and make some bread both ways.

Good thread J.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:51 PM

Maybe other people's college experience is different than mine, but I don't know why you would want to leave. College is pretty much the only time when you can wake up hungover at noon, play poker for a couple hours, go drink by the pool for the rest of the day, then go out and party ON A TUESDAY. In closing, if you don't like college, you are a gay.