Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Games at Seneca Alllegany

What is the usual line-up of games at Seneca Allegany? Their site says 16 poker tables, is that about correct? Do they ever get any Omaha 8 games going or any 10-20 or higher limit holdem? What blinds do they spread in NLHE? Is it a nice place to play? Is there any good places to stay nearby? Any information on play on weekdays versus weekends would be helpful too. As you can see I'm clueless about the place and didn't get much with a search.

Thanks,

Patty
Old 01-24-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Games at Seneca Alllegany

Somebody just asked about this a day or two ago but I can't be bothered searching for it.

Weekday usual lineup: 2-4 LHE, 1-2 NLHE, maybe 2-5 NLHE
Weekend usual lineup: same, with perhaps a 3-6 LHE and 5-10 NLHE.
1-2 NLHE is $40-100 buyin, $4 max rake + $1 jackpot drop
2-5 NLHE is $100-200 buyin, same rake/drop as 1-2
5-10 NLHE is $200-500 buyin, $5 or $6 time charge/half

Their website isn't lying, there are 16 tables, but you'll never see them all in use on a weekday. 2-4 limit and 1-2 NL are by far the most popular games spread there; I love to play O8 but it hasn't gone in a very long time. As for high-limit structured games, the highest I have ever seen is 4-8 LHE and 5-10 LO8 (once, on a tournament weekend).

Nice place to play? Sure. There are a lot of regulars who are very, very bad at poker. Most of them are friendly. The alcohol flows until 4am. About half the dealers are very skilled. About half the floor personnel are excellent (the other half I think got fired from Foxwoods). No comps to speak of, but the buffet's right around the corner and it's a quiet, no-smoking poker room.

As for where to stay, the hotel on-site isn't open yet. There's a Holiday Inn Express a half-mile or so away that is always full, so your search for a room will probably start in Olean or Jamestown, NY (depending on your direction of travel) and may take you as far as Bradford, PA to the south.

Feel free to message with any other questions.