Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2006, 03:52 AM

Default 7 stud micros

I love to play stud. I would say that I am at the novice stager currently. I do not have pokertracker, but will probably get it some time in the future. I currently play .10/.20 limits on stars. I have read the SS1 section on stud a couple of times and will read 7csfap as soon as I can get a copy. I sometimes find myself getting frustrated playing. Some nights I will do quite well. Others I it seems like I can not get a hand to stand up for anything. I know this is part of the game. What frustrates me is I will sit there folding junk hands and I will watch a lot of players call every hand to the river. They dont win every hand but I watch their chip count steadily rise while I sit threre folding. And when I get a decent hand I get run down and outdrawn. I know this is going to happen when you are playing with calling stations, and action junkies. I also know that I want them doing this because the odds are against them. Sometimes those words just ring a little hollow when you make aces up in the first four get run down by a runner runner runner straight, flush, full house, or trips. Any advice for dealing with the horrendus beats that I am going to keep encountering.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:57 AM

Default Re: 7 stud micros

if you 5 table you won't have time to worry about the hands you lose
Old 05-02-2006, 11:44 AM

Default Re: 7 stud micros

[ QUOTE ]
if you 5 table you won't have time to worry about the hands you lose

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advise...this is how I prevented getting frustrated/bored bored while learning at the low-limit tables. I'd suggest occasionally playing only a single table at the next higher limit to exercise your brain and keep you learning knew things while you build you bankroll/skill at the lower level multitabling.

Carlos