Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 03:37 PM

Default If it was HU I would peel for sure 10/20

But with the pfr calling I fear that my backdoor low draw is worthless. No reads on anyone.

PokerStars 10/20 Omaha/8 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, Hero ?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: If it was HU I would peel for sure 10/20

its a call if there is re raise of a bet on turn u fold but i call turn too
Old 10-01-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: If it was HU I would peel for sure 10/20

HowMany - Very read dependent. (And since you don't know your opponents, that's nigh onto impossible).

Once you don't bet this flop yourself, I think if someone else then bets it, you're finished.

It's about three to two that one of your four opponents will have a jack or a full house, and if someone does, your own flop bet should, and probably will, get raised. But two times out of five (something like that) maybe you'll steal the ten small bets in the pot. Trouble is, you court trouble later on if you fold whenever you get raised here - so you're more or less stuck for a double bet if you do get raised.

Even so, if you lose a double bet four times for every one time you steal the ten bets, you've made a good play by betting this flop. (And I don't think you'll necessarily lose the double bet if the turn is a favorable card).

But having failed to bet the flop, you've lost the initiative, and now you're simply out of position and chasing if you call - not a good place to be.

So, yes, since you have already checked, I think you have to fold.

You have a decent back-door low draw. When low does make, you'll have the nut low or the second nut low (mostly the latter) about two times out of three. And nobody should probably continue with just a nut low draw, but once someone does, your own low draw is squelched. Very hard to know what MP2 has for the raise and the flop bet call, but if it includes the nut low or 2nd nut low draw, your own low draw is weakened to the extent that you should not continue.

At any rate, yes, fold.

Buzz