Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Booo, Stars wire transfer, been waiting 30 days now for $20k wire

I know other people have had success with these wires, but maybe if any Stars people read here they can rattle the cages. Cliff notes:

2/15: I request 20k wire
2/20: Get phone call to confirm info and $20k deducted from my account at Stars, told it will take 2-5 business days for money to hit my bank account.
3/5: After three emails from me asking what happened, Stars says the account info I proveded was invalid so they could not process the wire. I check what I sent, and find that the info was infact correct, and a scan a copy of my check confrming the information as well as the copy the message from my bank confirming all the information and reply with these attached.

3/9: No reply from them. I Write again.
3/12: GEt note from stars, our processors are following up on it, we will let you know when we have more info.

3/15: Stars tells me there processors are working with my bank to figure it out. So I Call my bank and ask about the transaction. They tell me they know nothing about it. They check all the wires they received in the amount of $20k and none match stars processor. They explain that all global tranfers have an IMAD# and if they transfered me money the wire would have this number. So I email stars requesting the IMAD#.

3/16: We will try to get that #, stars tell me.

3/20: zippo

Not sure what I accomplish by posting, mayeb just a little vent since I am starting to get really frusterated by the process. Anyone else have trouble with a wire? I had heard only positive results before my request.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Booo, Stars wire transfer, been waiting 30 days now for $20k wire

How the heck do you deal with Pokerstars when they have ZERO telephone support? At least live chat would be helpful. This back and forth on email is just STUPID.

Hope thing work out for you. I'm pretty sure your money is safe....but it would be helpful if you actually heard that from a live person.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know other people have had success with these wires, but maybe if any Stars people read here they can rattle the cages. Cliff notes:

2/15: I request 20k wire
2/20: Get phone call to confirm info and $20k deducted from my account at Stars, told it will take 2-5 business days for money to hit my bank account.
3/5: After three emails from me asking what happened, Stars says the account info I proveded was invalid so they could not process the wire. I check what I sent, and find that the info was infact correct, and a scan a copy of my check confrming the information as well as the copy the message from my bank confirming all the information and reply with these attached.

3/9: No reply from them. I Write again.
3/12: GEt note from stars, our processors are following up on it, we will let you know when we have more info.

3/15: Stars tells me there processors are working with my bank to figure it out. So I Call my bank and ask about the transaction. They tell me they know nothing about it. They check all the wires they received in the amount of $20k and none match stars processor. They explain that all global tranfers have an IMAD# and if they transfered me money the wire would have this number. So I email stars requesting the IMAD#.

3/16: We will try to get that #, stars tell me.

3/20: zippo

Not sure what I accomplish by posting, mayeb just a little vent since I am starting to get really frusterated by the process. Anyone else have trouble with a wire? I had heard only positive results before my request.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was anyone but Stars I'd be totally worried.....

Still, Stars dropped the ball here somewhere and you certainly deserve better treatment.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:01 PM

I'm curious how this is even possible. With all that has happened with regard to gambling withdrawals over the past 6 months I was under the impression that Stars is not capable of processing ACH payments as the US processors have all been ordered by the Dept. of Justice to not continue processing for offshore gambling businesses. Has PokerStars established a new eCheck processor that nobody is aware of or is this a service only offered to players at a certain VIP level?

As per PokerStars website:
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars stopped accepting deposits and cashouts from US players via eChecks as of the evening of January 17th, 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on this info how could Stars possibly initiate a withdrawal in February to a US based customer? Are you the one US customer that had a eCheck withdrawal approved somehow? This just doesn't add up.

If the money has been deducted from your Stars account they have to have a record of the transfer. Your efforts should be focused on obtaining the information surrounding that outbound wire transfer from Stars.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:04 PM

its quite possible. dont want to post the details though
Old 03-20-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious how this is even possible. With all that has happened with regard to gambling withdrawals over the past 6 months I was under the impression that Stars is not capable of processing ACH payments as the US processors have all been ordered by the Dept. of Justice to not continue processing for offshore gambling businesses. Has PokerStars established a new eCheck processor that nobody is aware of or is this a service only offered to players at a certain VIP level?

As per PokerStars website:
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars stopped accepting deposits and cashouts from US players via eChecks as of the evening of January 17th, 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on this info how could Stars possibly initiate a withdrawal in February to a US based customer? Are you the one US customer that had a eCheck withdrawal approved somehow? This just doesn't add up.

If the money has been deducted from your Stars account they have to have a record of the transfer. Your efforts should be focused on obtaining the information surrounding that outbound wire transfer from Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not an echeck
Old 03-20-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its quite possible. dont want to post the details though

[/ QUOTE ]

Jose, please do. If nothing else, it would be the first useful post in your entire history posting here.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:08 PM

ACH and wires are different. It's now an option when you cash out of Stars.

Dpr, I did a wire a little bit before they started allowing them to anyone. I didn't have too much problem. I'm not really sure how this would help you out any, though.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:11 PM

This is a direct wire transfer, not an echeck.

I have obtained from stars a 'reciept' for the transaction showing a deduction from their account. There was however, no useful information included to help identify the wire (i sent the form to my bank to see if they found anything useful on it, and they didnt). My bank told me to get teh IMAD# and there would be no problem tracking it. Stars seems to be having some difficulity giving me this number (all wires havfe one).
Old 03-20-2007, 02:53 PM

thats weird
i got 2 wire transfers of over 15 k and recived them both the next business day