Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 11:38 PM

Default 2P, passive play

After flop was checked around, I figured I might be good often enough to call down. What do you think?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Old 08-04-2007, 12:06 AM

Default Re: 2P, passive play

I'd rather b/c the flop and see what happens on the turn.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:09 AM

I'm not a big fan of short handed, but when I see someone raise pre-flop and not c-bet a flop like this I make a note and respect their c-bets more in the future. I think that is a better thing for me than the not-c-bettor.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:44 AM

You don't have complete air. I c-bet and take it from there.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:50 AM

Grunch

I'd fold the turn. You've got second pair w/ decent kicker against redraws (straights and flushes) and you're in a multi-way pot, meaning you'd need something stronger IMO. Even if your Q comes, it may be a Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] making someone else's flush draw. If your J comes, it may make someone's straight. Finally, you're out of position, so I'd say let this one go.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Grunch

I'd fold the turn. You've got second pair w/ decent kicker against redraws (straights and flushes) and you're in a multi-way pot, meaning you'd need something stronger IMO. Even if your Q comes, it may be a Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] making someone else's flush draw. If your J comes, it may make someone's straight. Finally, you're out of position, so I'd say let this one go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick, what do you think about heros preflop and flop combo play?
Old 08-04-2007, 04:04 AM

You gotta bet the flop, you just make the whole hand hard to play when you check.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:17 AM

I can't say that I disagree with everyone else when they say that a continuation bet is warranted. I don't see any reason not to bump a QJs from UTG PF, but as far as the flop is concerned, it could go either way. You are playing against multiple opponents and there is a flush draw on board. Betting out in early position is either going to knock many players out and give you the pot or keep multiple players in. I'd say that betting may not be the best option (anyone else disagree?) considering those who call may be holding on to strong draws or are already ahead.

I think we can all agree that checking is not wrong as a matter of showing weakness after a PFR (specifically..i'm not referring to this case in particular), especially OOP as people may be wary of a C/R. But I must qualify this entire response with: "I'm not an expert. I am a newbie and would like to be corrected in this thought process just as much as you've asked for my opinion."
Nick
Old 08-04-2007, 06:20 AM

Why in didn't u bet the flop. Pf I prefer a limp normally.