Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Overplayed the flop ?

I just recently ran into this hand and I feel that I might have overplayed the flop with my 3-bet. What did help was that the turn and the river both slowed down considerably; however, I'm not sure if 3-betting this flop was the wisest choice. Comments ?
PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed)
Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (14 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 10-13-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Overplayed the flop ?

well you haven't given us any reads, but yes we don't 3-bet OOP here, as a flop raise probably tells us we are behind. What do you think is raising flop, Q9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?
Old 10-13-2007, 03:19 PM

I'm on a different computer so I don't have any stats. But Here's my read. It's a .1 .2 table and these are typical .1 .2 players not the TAG type.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:24 PM

Well, I suspect that there is a good chance that your opponent (who raised pf) and raises again on the flop has an A.

So, I think that you should just have called the flop raise as you had the nut flush draw.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:25 PM

If you have 11 outs then your flop 3bet is for value.

However, I think that because that sometimes you will have seven outs (somebody already has a flush) and you don't get to checkraise when you make a hand on the turn that I'd just call villian's raise on the flop.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I suspect that there is a good chance that your opponent (who raised pf) and raises again on the flop has an A.

So, I think that you should just have called the flop raise as you had the nut flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
Suspicion right on target.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:09 AM

grunch

I think you should 3 bet it. You have 11 outs, the button is padding the pot and if a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hits you are going to have to donk the turn anyway or it most likely gets checked through.