Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2006, 07:09 AM

Default prty 25/50, disguised flush draw oop

This hand is from memeroy, so the numbers might not be right exactly.

I start the hand with 4800 and open UTG+1 with 8h9h for 200 and get called by the cut off (covers) and one of the blinds. CO seems decent, fairly tight player who hasent got out of line, I havent played with him too much I dont think.

flop comes ThJhAc

blind checks, I bet 500, CO calls, blind folds. Turn is some low offsuit rag, not a club. How do you play the turn here...I feel if I bet out there is a very good chance I will be moved in on. If I check I have to CR, as calling a big bet and donking if I hit is too transparent. I desided to go for the CR, as a free card is good result too.

Then I also was wondering how I might play this hand were we twice as deep which I think is much more interesting. What would you plan for the hand be on the turn in this case?
Old 10-06-2006, 07:16 AM

Default Re: prty 25/50, disguised flush draw oop

i like the cr line, assuming this is 6max? i think he has to put u on a set or at very worst two pair, AK and AQ check behind here most the time i woudl think also. so its a win win imo. the Ev or the cr line changes depending on stack sizes tho obv. just plug in some variables into the ev equation and figure out the sweetspot at which its more +Ev to cc and donk rather than cr. note that its going to also be dependent on the % of times he folds and not just stack sizes, so ure read is pretty key for each opponent here, and we cant just have a standard line here. does he float craziness like this? is he a station? etc etc etc, g/l w/ the math
Old 10-06-2006, 07:19 AM

This isent 6 max, its a full table. Sorry should have made that clear. I dont really seem him floating a raise from UTG, and I havent really noticed him floating at all anyhow.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:38 AM

i dont like the check here. If he had a made hand like two pair or the nuts (or set) he would have raised on the flop. In most cases he has a decent ace and if u bet heavy he might fear that u have a set or the nuts. Also if he decides to call you always have outs.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont like the check here. If he had a made hand like two pair or the nuts (or set) he would have raised on the flop. In most cases he has a decent ace and if u bet heavy he might fear that u have a set or the nuts. Also if he decides to call you always have outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be better than I thought, as it sets you up for a strong river play. Say you do bet the turn again and he calls, and now you miss the river, moving in should knock out anyhand that couldnet raise the turn.

The only problem is if he desisded to wait one street on the flop with a monster and goes AI on the turn you are in a poor spot.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:53 AM

yeah but if he is holding a straight lets say, there are so many cards that can kill it that in MOST cases they wont wait a street. But it can be done especially if he has position. But still in my opinion most of the times the person here is holdign a decent ace, or possibly q9, qj, kt or two other hearts. So i believe if u bet again you can make him lay down all those hands. If he did slow play a monster and he pushes, oh well just put in your head that another ace hit the river and u would have missed anyway and muck.