Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2007, 04:19 PM

Default .Mobi Domains

Anyone buying up these in latest land grab. Supposedly will end up better than .eu.....What do you think?
Old 01-13-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Re: .Mobi Domains

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone buying up these in latest land grab. Supposedly will end up better than .eu.....What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was seriously looking into this, i think there maybe huge potential in this market as the number of people accessing the internet through mobile devices is skyrocketing.
Anybody with a better understanding of this stuff have an opinion????
Old 01-13-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was seriously looking into this, i think there maybe huge potential in this market as the number of people accessing the internet through mobile devices is skyrocketing.
Anybody with a better understanding of this stuff have an opinion????

[/ QUOTE ]

most people with mobile devices want to visit the same websites they visit at home... i think .mobi is a joke...
Old 01-14-2007, 08:56 AM

premium .mobi domain names have been fetching big bucks recently. check out this site for sales of various domain names: http://dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm
Old 01-14-2007, 09:55 AM

After browsing .coms on my new phone, I'm not very confident in the extensions future. From what I've seen so far, many of the major sites redirect to phone-friendly subpages instead of a .mobi website. I haven't encountered that many problems either, even the sites that don't cater for phone traffic can be surfed reasonably well. With improved phone brower technology, there will be no need for .mobi.

That's not to say you can't make a quick buck over the hype! (which I just killed)
Old 01-14-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After browsing .coms on my new phone, I'm not very confident in the extensions future. From what I've seen so far, many of the major sites redirect to phone-friendly subpages instead of a .mobi website. I haven't encountered that many problems either, even the sites that don't cater for phone traffic can be surfed reasonably well. With improved phone brower technology, there will be no need for .mobi.

That's not to say you can't make a quick buck over the hype! (which I just killed)

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more. Everyone will be running full blow OS on their phone soon, and then there's no need for different domains for mobiles.

Quick money can be made though...
Old 01-14-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quick money can be made though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding! I think the "land grab" analogy is a good one. It looks just like some of the recent condo-conversion sprees across the country during the real estate boom. Now there are a ton of condos bought on spec that someone is left holding. Quick money can be made, just don't be the last one holding them when the boom is over.