Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Account Sharing

Alright, so I this isn’t really earth shattering stuff, and plenty of people are already aware, but I think considering the times it would be best to just get it all out in the open.

It’s been brought to my attention that Pokerstars has recently changed their rules that account sharing is no longer allowed.

For those who didn’t know, I played on a friend/backers account. My friend is Rob Ireland, and about 2 years ago when I was close to busto decided to stake me for online and some live play. He played a little at the time, but in the last 18 months barely plays at all. There was times, when it was allowed, that he would start a tournament (mostly on Sundays due to the insane time difference) and a couple hours in I would take over when I got up. When we did this, this was all legal under the rules of the time.

Mostly, the arrangement involved my grinding all the tournaments online, and for putting up the stakes he got 1/3rd of profits. However, since the times are changing online I thought it best to back to playing all the accounts under my own name. Most of them are something like “Bond18” or some variation, I can’t be sure as I haven’t played them in forever.

Either way, I thought it best to inform everyone of this change since I would really rather not be accused of something like multi accounting and as far as I can tell, since Rob never really played on the accounts there wasn’t any serious ‘sharing’ going on.

I will likely make the switch over to my own accounts within about 24 hours. Hopefully this doesn’t get me in a ton of trouble or anything.

Here is the email (or some slight variation of) we’re sending to the sites from Rob Ireland:

Dear Poker Site support,
It came to my attention recently that there has been a change in your rules and conditions. I feel it is my obligation to inform you that this created a small situation that I wish to clear up so I can proceed playing without any further problems.

About a year and a half ago I got involved in a staking arrangement with a younger named George Dunst. We decided that I would stake him in online tournaments and occasional cash games and hope that he would grow the online bankroll I gave him. He insisted that we have him play on my accounts as a show of trust. As such I basically stopped playing on the accounts all together and he stopped playing on his own. The only time he played on his own account in my memory was in a satellite for the Monte Carlo Millions some months ago. Since the rules have now changed that account sharing is no longer acceptable, we would like to move the money in the account back under his name so he can play legally under it with my continuing to stake him. We also felt it is only fair to notify the site of this, as well as www.twoplustwo.com and www.pocketfives.com where he has become a noticeable online player under the name ‘Bond18’. If there is any further information we can provide, please don’t hesitate to inquire.

Thanks,
Rob Ireland.

If anyone has any questions on the forums, I’m fine answering them.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Account Sharing

why did you feel the need for this to be brought to the poker sites attention? if you simply stopped wouldnt it have been the same? I think that by bringing it to the sites attention it was like bringing out a skeleton from the closet...ducy?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:24 PM

Bond for NOT mod. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I am so kidding. I applaud you guys for trying to keep the games clean and your attempts to police yourselves in ways that heretofore weren't considered unethical. I'm sure it's difficult to balance the maintaining of your integrity with the ever-evolving rules and the implementation of them. I also feel increasingly bad for ZJ.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why did you feel the need for this to be brought to the poker sites attention? if you simply stopped wouldnt it have been the same? I think that by bringing it to the sites attention it was like bringing out a skeleton from the closet...ducy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because sniper i'm fairly well known here at 2p2 and kinda at p5's. Now suddenly if the accounts i'm known under drop off the face of the earth, and people see the account 'Bond18' playing on a site that looks pretty suspect no?

I feel admitting to this prevents my name getting mixed up with multi accounting. I AM NOT a multi accounter, and i do not want there to be suspicion i am.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:29 PM

Does this mean your "girlfriend" won't be playing anymore?

Just kidding, of course, haha.

You seem like a stand up dude. Just so you know, when you take the first step to clear you name of any wrong-doing, it's only going to make some people think you're trying to cover something up before it get out/out of hand.

I'm not at all saying you've done ANYTHING wrong, but just be prepared it I guess.

Good luck.

Edited for spelling-
Old 09-24-2007, 09:32 PM

Butcho,

I guess the thing to cover up would be dodgy multi accounting. A quick glance at www.officialpokerrankings.com can easily confirm that this is not the case. Search the names 'Bond18' and 'Milwkid'. I think that should put any fear to rest.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:39 PM

ban, spamming what is obv some website paying bond. j/k

Yeah, I guess I hadn't thought of that when I was typing my original post.

Kudos to you for taking the bull by the horns, so to speak.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:05 PM

<----- gonna miss milwkid and muck'whatever'
Old 09-24-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Butcho,

I guess the thing to cover up would be dodgy multi accounting. A quick glance at www.officialpokerrankings.com can easily confirm that this is not the case. Search the names 'Bond18' and 'Milwkid'. I think that should put any fear to rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really expect us to let you multiaccount just because both your accounts are fish?
Old 09-24-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Butcho,

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't you opt out of these things now?

gg