Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 07:53 AM

Default Laying AK down on Ace flop on turn! 40-80

Couple caller to me i raise gets threebet 5 way action going to the flop. Flop is A66 rainbow i think. Everyone checks to me with ony the threebetter behind me. I bet just in case threebet checks and gives everoyne a free card. He just calls and everyone calls. Turn is a Q. Checked to me again and i'm tempted to check with so many caller on this A66 flop thinking maybe someone has a 6 but there are some dopes in this pot who could have air. So i bet again not sure what i'm gonna do if i get checkraised. The threebettor just calls one fold now Nikki(pro player, somewhat solid but can be very tricky,any of the oceans players could add to how she plays. Blonde hair just had a baby. used to play in vegas years ago. then was prop in oceans 11 for long time) checkraises! other fold in between me and her. Now i go into the tank and all i find in my tank are little fishies swiiming and seeweed. I have no clue if i'm good here. I mean it looks like she has a big hand, But i've seen here on more than one occasion make some crazy checkraises if she senses weakness. I mean she know i'm the only one that can call the turn. If she can get past me she can win the hand as the threebetor obviously has pair under A. Anyway i think for about 40 minutes than fold, threebetor folds. I ask her if she had my Ak beat and she says nothing(she likes to make you feel the pain) then i ask agian she says "that a big laydown. And i never find out. I really want to tilt off all my racks after this hand but luckily i didnt get any hands to even think about getting out of line with so i cooled off.

My personal opinion is i made a mistake. She may have had it but the pot is way to big to make this laydown especially when she capable of doing this light. She might just have an A and using the q kicker. She has seen me way out of line before and might not respect my bets. She could have quad 66, any suited conneting 6 or even any pair peeling than deciding to make a big move. She has an ultra tight image in these games by the regualrs but i've seen her make big plays when she thought there was a chance it might work. Sorry if this was too long. Any thoughts would be apreciated, especially form the ocena's players that know her. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2007, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Laying AK down on Ace flop on turn! 40-80

How in the world did the game break so fast after I left? You were in a position to win like 10 racks with all those retards in the game.

My experience is that she is an unimaginative nit but everyone tells me is tricky so I don't know. Maybe I just keep folding winners against her but I have seen her bet and raise on big bet streets a million times and a million times that she has gotten to showdown she has had it.

Was she a limper preflop or one of the blinds or what? I'm way too tired to read the whole thing to see where she was relative to you and the 3bettor. I strongly suspect you did the right thing but I would definitely not let anyone know after the hand that you folded AK because if she is actually taking a shot at you then the last thing you need to do is encourage her by telling her you just made a big laydown.

*edit*
BTW I think you should check the flop because even if it checks through an A will probably bet into you on the turn to give you 2 bets there. If the flop is like A59 then I think donking is fine but on A66 they are drawing to 2 outs at most so it is way easier for some moran with like a KT type hand to pick up a pair they will showdown with than it is to let someone outrun you on the turn.

Also cap preflop.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:36 AM

Lol. I was thinking the same thing about you. I said to myself why are you leaving? I don't know why joe left either(well i think he didnt like hearing loud sean). I was getting ready to leave before that and that last pot i said was my go home hand. But yeah i was thnking how the f can i leave this game. But its shorthanded and if those dopes get hot they might burn some of my chips and run. Why did you leave. I thought you liked those shorthanded spots.

No most people in the game think this but its not totally true. I've seen her checkraise 2nd pair no kicker on the turn with caller in between after heavy preflop action. Granted she was doing the checkraise against a fast player who looked like he had an overpair but she knew the guy and she was right. He called, i was the caller in between with the same hand as her and i mucked the turn as it looked like she could only have a set. She proably made the play becasue i deliberated in between a bit so she knew i was weak. On river she checked to him and she won as he miseed i guess. I've seen this type of thing 2 or 3 times.

She limped utg. I should have mentioned that. But she can be a bit loose for most pros. I've seen her limp on button 65 off few times. She called my butotn raise form sb with q10 off stuff like that. But here i don't know. I think she's cpaable of haveing 67s, 56s, here,66, pocket AA's(she has played big pairs very cute against me in the past). Yeah i know after i said it i felt that way. But i plan on calling her in spots like this in the future so its ok if she tries a few plays as i'll be looking her up. You know i don't make too many big laydowns. This was an unusal circumstance.

I consdiered checking the flop. Was my first instinct with the paired board and A. But with so many caller i felt it was too dangerous to let so many see a free turn in this multi bet multi way pot. Couple can have 2 outers. Someone might pick up a big draw on turn that otherwise may have folded, stuff like that. Yeah sometimes i cap here AK. The threebetter was a rare threebetter so i just called this time.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:03 PM

I was in for 10k and didn't really feel like losing more than 5 racks.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:58 PM

I really like your fold here, well done. (no sarcasm)
Old 07-14-2007, 09:21 PM

Does she have a husband who sometimes plays... a foreign guy?
Old 07-14-2007, 11:19 PM

You have to cap this preflop vs these donks, you hand has way too much value.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why joe left either

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the worst seat for money flow, regardless of the game texture. Plus, after losing that HUGE pot with JJ to that river Q (still not sure why called but 18.5:1 is tough to lay down vs those donks), I wasn't feeling to great. I was getting uncomfortable; wasn't a good spot for me so I "Tommy'd up" and left it for a better spot.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:15 PM

Are you being serious or joking? You were up werent you?
Old 07-16-2007, 03:17 PM

Not sure about her husband. As when i've seen her she's been alone. Her brother used to be a brush at mirage like 9 years ago too i think.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:27 PM

Sorry my internet was down for couple days so havent goten chance to respond to anyone. Yeah i think you need to call the donk with jj's there.

Yeah even though there were some fish at our table they had position on you.