Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 05:15 AM

Default Weird line with KK, ugly turn...5/10 6max Party 250bbs deep

I took a weird line on this one, and was wondering where I went wrong.

So I decide to mix this one up a bit. My image at this table is fairly lag, I have built up a big stack by playing very aggro with a lot of 2nd and 3rd barrells that havnen't been picked off and consequently I have built up a big stack. I raise a button limper and get an immediate from the blinds and button. The BB is 35/20, and fairly aggressive. Eight or nine times out of ten I bet this flop, but I wanted to CR if possible, because I knew the SB was aggressive and might bet with less than he would call with. My CR works, and after he just calls on that draw-heavy of a board, I plan on firing any turn blank.

I estimate my hand is good on the flop about 85% of the time after the action. The turn is an ugly A, but it's a non-club. What should be my action at this point? Should I bet and plan to fold to a push, or chk-call? It was a rough spot and I basically allowed myself to get outplayed by my turn check. The problem as I see it in this hand, is that I'm representing a draw, or a whiffed AK, I think, so by him betting when the ace comes I am confused as to what he has that doesn't beat me.

Other problems are that we are deep, and AQcc is a very likely holding for him.

Advice on all streets welcome.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($3374)
BB ($2479.01)
UTG ($1116)
MP ($1768)
Button ($1517.16)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $10, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $40</font>, BB calls $35, Button calls $35.

Flop: ($135) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $125</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $410</font>, BB calls $285.

Turn: ($955) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $650</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1605
Old 08-21-2006, 05:34 AM

Default Re: Weird line with KK, ugly turn...5/10 6max Party 250bbs deep

Yo, you wanna take this pot away from me man?
Cuz i really dont want it.