Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 06:19 AM

Default Long Time No Eat (Hand 1)

I retreated from Poker for a little while. Just came back recently. Both these hands are from a crazy live game. Pots are raised about 30-40% of the time and three-bet maybe half that, capped 3/4 of the time it's three-bet, roughly. And we're seeing hands like 97o and J9o with that preflop aggression. Fun times.

Structure: 10/20 with 5/10 blinds and a $5/half hour session. There's 11 player max at these tables. [censored] Canada, eh?

Image: Pretty much squeaky tight in my first 2-3 orbits, I sat for 3 hands before posting my bb.

Hand 1:

10-handed. I'm UTG with KJo, and I raise. Tight regular CC's but he's in his first orbit at the table, (but not sure what that means as I havent' played with him in a while), crazy dude with a coke nail three bets, crazy dude caps, crazy tilting SB calls (previously cold-capped 65s), bb folds, and I call. 5 to the flop. 20 sb.

T76 rainbow.

SB checks, I check, tight guy bets, coke nail calls, capper raises, SB calls, I call (~13:~1), tight guy three-bets, coke nail folds, capper caps, sb calls, I call (17:1), tight guy calls. (16 bb)

8 of backdoor trump.

SB bets out, I call (17:1), all call. (21 bb)

River: K, 21 bb, 4 players.

SB Checks, I bet... intending to not really see a raise from the tight guy like ever, but intending to call raises from the crazy guys.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:16 AM

Default Re: Long Time No Eat (Hand 1)

Preflop: My thoughts are exactly the same here as in the ATo hand. Btw, there is a section on wild games in HEPFAP and they suggest that playing AJs and TT is marginal. It seems to be though that TT should be reasonabley good and AJs ok but I guess that if they hands arn't automatically playable than stuff like KJo can't be too hot.

Flop: Checking is good. I just fold. I don't like paying two bets to draw to only an ok hand (one pair) which I'm not sure if it's good and having no idea how many bets it may cost me to get to showdown.

Turn: I muck with the quickness. Sounds like it will often cost you 4 big bets to draw to your cutshot and marginal overs.

River: I like your line.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:13 AM

what the [censored] happened?

fold preflop the first time. fold preflop the second time.

fold flop the first time. fold flop the second time.

fold turn.

check/fold river.

this is the most ridiculous pile of [censored] ive ever seen.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:36 PM

Monk pretty much nailed it, but I'll check and call a single bet on the river now that you made it this far.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:48 PM

Yep, I used to play wild in those wild games, too... and just went on tilt and lost.
Just because somebody caps with 65s doesn't mean you have to raise KJo UTG. Really, resort to playing your A-cards and A-game. Many even advice to tighten up even more in such a wild aggressive game.
I know it can be frustrating and the pace of the game slows down.
Fold pre-flop, fold on flop (you need implied odds here, you must be willing to call more bets on turn and even on river, since you most likely will need runner runner), c/c turn, c/c river.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Image: Pretty much squeaky tight in my first 2-3 orbits, I sat for 3 hands before posting my bb.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you think this will hurt you (or matter at all), walk around for a few hands before the BB reaches you. go take a leak, sweat the Big Game In The Room, watch hockey, eat at tim horton's -- whatever you canadians do to get ready for teh pokar.

anyway i'm with eskimo and wook and don't really get this hand. preflop is gross -- i like to play KJ and even i could find a fold with it at this table. flop is even grosser. what were you looking for exactly?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:47 PM

I don't see the bet here, I probably call one, I expect one of these guys to have a nine.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:54 PM

Hmm. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Well, I'm sad to see your evaluations here.

When I posted this, I thought my first flop call was pretty attrocious, but the rest of the hand didn't seem that bad at all.

However, checking the river actually sounds pretty awesome.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Well, I'm sad to see your evaluations here.

When I posted this, I thought my first flop call was pretty attrocious, but the rest of the hand didn't seem that bad at all.

However, checking the river actually sounds pretty awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should not be sad to see the evaluations Dave.

Your turn call was correct because the pot had become so big to justify chasing your gut-shot.

I am not so sure that you should have bet the river after pairing your K. Perhaps a check/call may have been better.

Very nice to see you posting here again. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You are an experienced player and perhaps playing a bit tighter preflop will make it easier for you to use your knowledge to your best advantage.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are an experienced player and perhaps playing a bit tighter

[/ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who's noticed the colossal irony in this?