Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 03:02 AM

Default 3 25 NL AKo hands, am I leaking?

Villian is 87/4/.88 He just sucked out on me with runner runner boat against my floped set/turned boat.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $25.90
BB: $24.40
UTG: $16.70
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $39.85</font>
CO: $65.90
BTN: $25.00

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.35) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.75</font>, UTG calls $1.75

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($5.85) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.50</font>, UTG calls $4.50

<font color="black">River:</font> ($14.85) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero...

----------------------------------------------------------
Hand 2

Villian is a 75/5/.92 donk. Small sample size, but I know he's an idiot

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $4.85
BB: $18.55
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $29.85</font>
CO: $44.60
BTN: $19.25

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 3 folds, BB calls $0.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.10) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, BB calls $3.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($10.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $5.00</font>, Hero calls $5.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($20.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $8.55</font>, Hero...

-------------------------------------
I hate posting 3 hands in one post, but since this is a major leak, hand 3

Villian is 37/18/4, agressive LAG donk

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($25)
UTG ($47.35)
MP ($16.30)
Button ($5.50)
SB ($40.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.75</font>, Button calls $0.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.35) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, MP calls $2, Button folds.

Turn: ($6.35) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $13.55</font>, Hero..

Crovax
Old 05-22-2007, 03:20 AM

Default Re: 3 25 NL AKo hands, am I leaking?

Hand 1: Depends on how light he calls, I bet 1/2 pot and fold to a push on the river.
Hand 2: Easy Call getting like 3.5:1 on the river. Also, push the turn, he's never folding any ace or a flush draw.
Hand 3: Reraise preflop, don't donk into 2 players on a two-tone Q high flop, fold turn.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:47 AM

Hand one is fine, I bet like $7 on the river, although villain is so short that I'd probably have to call a checkraise and hope that he was drawing with the ace of hearts.

In hand two, I'd stick in a pot-sized raise on the flop, since flops don't get much drawier, and you might as well take advantage of your opponent's tendency to call too much. The turn freaks me out a little, because a passive player isn't going to (relatively) strongly semibluff the turn with like AT. Really looks like he has QT or A8. I think the general advice around here is to call the river due to pot odds, but when a super passive player takes an aggressive line, top pair isn't so good.

Hand three is not so great. Three-bet preflop. As played, don't donk a flop that missed you entirely. Turn bet is reasonable, but you have to fold to the raise. I want to call because villain is aggressive, there are so many available draws, and you're getting 3:1. However, I just don't think that one pair stands up here.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:30 AM

hand 1, If I bet $7 on the river, he has $2 left to call, so any bet I make has me committed

Hand 2, I have a low AF on the turn, yet I'd hate pushing this simply because a super duper passive player has just donked me.

Hand 3, Huge error on my part. Usually I call hands like AQ/AJ OOP if there's a 4xbb bet from position, but AK is still something I normally raise up.

Crovax
Old 05-22-2007, 07:45 AM

Hand 1
Shove river, don't give up a negative freeroll
Hand 2
crovax, if you call turn you need to play for stacks. You're almost committed already since he isn't fullstacked.
Hand 3
as played, fold to the raise

If you don't think villain donks twice without being able to beat one pair, fold turn. Otherwise shove
Old 05-22-2007, 08:06 AM

This one was easy.

1. Push river.
2. Push turn.
3. 3bet turn ai.

Clear it up any? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2007, 09:10 AM

Hand 1: I pushed river, villian shows floped flush of 75s, mabye this is just a bad beat (the 2nd one in 3 hands against the same person), but with his agro stat, I wasn't sure if I should repeat this

Hand 2: I called the river (though I should have pushed turn) to see AJ

Hand 3: This one was interesting, he floped a set, but because of my weird flop bet, he didn't get agro till the turn. I felt that this is the hand that showed the biggest leak out of all 3, #2 I was committed either way, and #1 I played as recommended

Crovax
Old 05-22-2007, 10:48 AM

None of these hands were too disastrous, though I didn't like Hand 3 much. You could probably save yourself a lot of trouble in general (by way of fixing your AK leaks) and play some smaller pots with one pair, and here's how: Don't c-bet the flop with AK when you miss. Wait until the turn to bet, if your opponent checks to you twice. Don't even do that against two players, unless you improve. C-betting too much is a leak.
I like to offset this by betting basically *every* A-high flop that I've raised preflop, whether I have it or not, but your mileage may vary. I find that in most cases, villains will give you credit for an ace, and if they don't, it's just valuetown when you are packing AK.

Here are my specific thoughts:
Hand 1: If you're worried you're beat, check behind on the river. I'm fine with a bet here, but when the villain shows that he checked to you 3 streets with a made hand, well... make a note on him and do a lot more checking behind in the future with a vulnerable hand.

Hand 2 I think I play the same way.

Hand 3 I think we're folding the turn. 3-bet preflop, as said.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:33 PM

I don't play with stats, but doesn't anyone else find it odd that the loose/passive donk villain in hand two is firing at us on three streets? When does he do that with a hand we beat? I would honestly be very surprised to see him with AQ/AT here. I can see a flop raise and a turn call, but at some point I think you should give even a terrible player credit. It's not enough to think "well, he sucks" and then assume that TPTK is good; his stats suggest that he sucks in a very specific way, which really doesn't fit with the way he's played the hand.

In short, if you're gonna use stats, use the stats.