Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Fun hand at the rio

I was sweating my dad playing the main event at the rio, and they kicked me out of the playing area. So I went over to play some 2-5 cash.

I get on the list and they create a new table. A few of the guys know each other apparently, and they're all old-guy nit types. I ask the chip runner for $800 so I can cover everyone, and some douche on my right with a thick texan accent tells me it's 500 max. I say sorry dude, there's no cap here, but the dealer informs me that 5-10 and up has no cap, but there's a 500 cap at this game. WTF.

So I get $500 in chips, and a few hands in, I hit KK in the blinds. Few limpers, and then texan douche jacks it up to $30. I make it $130, everyone folds, and then texan makes it $230...

Fast forward a couple seconds, I've lost my stack KK to AA and rebought for only $300 because live is rigged and mostly because I'm live busto. One orbit goes around where I win a pot, and then I'm on the button. They allow mississippi straddles at the rio so throw $10 in for shizzle. Two limpers, and I look down at
T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
and raise it up to $50. Both limpers call.

Flop comes J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Check, check, I bet $90, fold, texan douche calls.

Turn is makes the board J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
and the texan douche checks. I shove for $160 into a $230 pot, and he goes into the tank.

He sits for about 3 full minutes deliberating, agonizing, etc. Saying he knows he's beat but doesn't think he's good enough to fold. I sit there, getting pretty annoyed and want to tell him to just stfu and call because he knows he's going to.

Finally, he says "I call" and tables the second nuts, 79o.

"Was that supposed to be a slowroll or something?" I ask, as I throw my cards into the muck when the river brick rolls off.
"No, I really thought you had queen-naihhn."

So I whipped out my box cutter and sliced the stupid out of him before being hauled off by security.

Then I went bowling.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Fun hand at the rio

Yeah baby cut that texan
Old 07-12-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Fun hand at the rio

lol... "sliced the stupid out of him"