Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 12:58 PM

Default triple barell against lagtard

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($31.10)
UTG ($190.90)
MP ($557.40)
CO ($79)
Hero ($206.20)
SB ($223.85)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, SB calls $7, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($18) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $11</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $37</font>, SB calls $26.

Turn: ($92) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $72</font>, SB calls $72.

River: ($236) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets $89 and is all in

opponent is a lagtard

here are my notes on him:

DNF good hands against him, calls 3bets OOP w QJo, then calls 2 streets w OESD, shoved R when missed, smaller donkbet was also weak, 1/3 donkbet in 3 way was weak, 3bet 3.5x w AK, capable of big bluffs

stats are 53/29/1.91

with my read that donkbets are weak, i raised it up with my crappy OESD, when he called my flop raise, his range could still be pretty wide, mostly draws though, when he called my turn bet, i put him on a pair + straight draw, or a flushdraw. i could have checked behind cos i beat the flush draw, but i thought betting would fold out the pair and straight draws that i lose to.

thoughts?
Old 10-19-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: triple barell against lagtard

bet less on the turn to leave yourself with a more credible river shove.

edit: also by betting smaller on turn, he will call with a wider drawing range that you can fold out on the river. whereas a bigger bet might only be called by his made hand range, making a third barrel less effective vs his range.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:59 PM

i see where you are coming from , i just thought a big bet would deny him the odds to call if he had a draw, and a smaller bet might get shoved over.

although villain is not good so would probably chase against the odds
Old 10-19-2007, 04:03 PM

wow this is pretty bad IMO...
so many draws that didn't hit, and you're betting like 1/4 pot on the river lol. he'll put you on a flushdraw and call with 89
Old 10-19-2007, 04:08 PM

villain is getting too good of odds on the river for this to work imo. I'd also probably just call the flop, raising is ok I guess thogh.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:23 PM

I think it is bad too. With a guy like this I like to wait until I get a good hand and then stack him off.

Guys like this are hard to bluff since they play anything and like to hold on to everything.

You make your money off them when you have a good hand and they are playing their crap...since they will run with you to the other side of the river.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:05 PM

i know that he is getting good odds, but my river shove hardly ever has to work for it to be +EV. he probably isn't folding QJ, but he may fold 89 or QT or something like that.

obviously i'm betting alot in this hand cos i don't think he has a very good hand, so my river bet isn't supposed to get him to fold TP+ but just other random junk he's got to the river with.

i don't want to defend my post alot cos it sorta defeats the point (Fgators style), so what lines would you guys take in the hand. and if you got to the river in the same spot, do you think checking behind has better equity then shoving
Old 10-19-2007, 06:51 PM

I don't mind the line, but your bet sizing sucks.

After your c/r bet 52 on the turn. Then shove the river.

Your thought about denying him odds to call; he's going to do it anyway with any draw. He seems like the type that is capable for donk-shoving the river with a missed draw.

If you bet 52, you fold out all the same hands that fold for 72, but you have a much better chance of folding weak 1 pair hands on the river.

An alternate line would be to just call the flop, and see what he does on the turn. The pot will be smaller this way, and he's more likely to fold when you miss because of this.