Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Live 1/2: AK Line check

Hey guys,

Live 1/2 game. $300 Max buy. 10 handed. UTG+1 is playing with the rooms money and raising to 15 every hand preflop, then better all streets - very laggy. He is down to his last $37 bucks after losing a pot a couple hands before this where he reraised an EP raiser with JJ and called EP rereraise, then got it all in on the flop. SB seems to be a semi-decent player; I've seen him check behind on the turn with TPTK for pot control.

Stacks:
UTG+1 ~40
Hero ~220
SB ~200

Hero dealt AK on the button

UTG+1 straddles for 5, folds to Hero, Hero raises to 15, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Pot 48

Flop: Kh Jh Jc

UTG+1 quickly shoves all-in for $25. I ponder, then call. SB raises to $50.

--> Right now, the pot is ~148. I have $180 left and SB has about $160.

Hero raises all-in to 180$. SB calls.

What do you guys think of this? My initial point of just calling the $25 and not raising on the flop was for pot control incase SB has a J. Somewhat surprisingly, I also at the same time wanted to draw him in with a weaker king and sweeten up what, at the time, I thought was a small pot. Now that I look back, I realize that with my call, the pot would have been $98, so calling would be giving the flush really good odds to draw. I think just raising here would be better. That being said, if I raise, should I fold to a push? As mentioned above, his range is quite large and he has a flush draw most of the time, so I'd have to call right?

As played, I pushed on the flop because I thought that if an A, 10, or heart come off on 4th, I won't be able to get away from the pot which would be around $165 at that point, and I'd only have $180 left. I was also thinking about hand ranges and that even though the SB min raise to $50 on the flop is suspicious, he has way more combos of a flush draw or maybe even KQ, than combos for having one of the last 2 jacks in his hand (Thanks Galfond!!!! hehe). Is this thinking correct? If someone could post their interpretation of hand ranges in this scenario, it would be greatly appreciated.

friedace
Old 07-07-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Live 1/2: AK Line check

Paired boards suck and SB is raising instead of calling. One of them's got you beat.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Live 1/2: AK Line check

[ QUOTE ]
Paired boards suck and SB is raising instead of calling. One of them's got you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was going with reasoning that if a pair flops, it's less likely that a person connected. I should also add that the SB has been playing pretty loose too and readily calls 15 pf from any position, just like UTG+1. Also, I was really not worried about UTG+1 because he could easily have any two cards in that position. So, in sum, UTG+1 range is infinity, and SB is pretty wide to (as I described in my op).

Thanks for the rep.