Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2006, 04:02 PM

Default 12 buy-in swing in 5 hours @ live 1/2nl...Standard?

Worst coldecking I have ever recieved. I started playing at 3pm on Friday at the 100max 1/2nl game and by 6am on Saturday I had 900 in chips on the table, 750 of which was profit. Take into account that my bankroll is only like 16 buyins as of late, so this is a nice session.

6am rolls around and my table gets broken and I get put on a nice fishtastic table, and proceed to lose my ass until I bust out at 3pm after throwing another 1 1/2 buyins (300 down for the day overall).
Highlights:

All 3 overpair had sets flopped against them on boards like J73 (AA v 33, villian played back at me a lot so we got 275ish in apiece), KK v 66 for flops a 6 and jacks v 44 flops a 4 on a T high board.
I didn't hit a set for 24 hours of straight play...
AA twice, cracked, won blinds once.
KK twice, held up once for a 20 dollar pot, cracked for 125
I didn't hit a pair with 90% of my AK/AQ's
People started calling my raises with junk because "They knew they would hit against me", as one jackass put it.
After a 1200 dollar swing and 5 hours of sleep in 56 hours, I just want throw up and die...
Old 09-30-2006, 04:08 PM

Default Re: 12 buy-in swing in 5 hours @ live 1/2nl...Standard?

the only time i ever played live, i got 0 cards. my 2 best hands i saw, AJo and ATo, both times ran into AA. 0 pocket pairs...and i thought i saw a read from the AA guy when i had ATo so i open folded..

so at least u got some playtime
Old 09-30-2006, 04:13 PM

when you got moved they didnt care that you were moving with all the chips? im asking because at commerce everytime ive been up and moved they asked me to reset myself to the max buyin
Old 09-30-2006, 04:16 PM

If the floor comes over and breaks your table (our table was down to 3 handed, and the only other NL table left had 3 spots left) then you can keep your chips...If you request a table change or ask for the table break, you reset back to max buyin.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:43 PM

Also, hand that pissed me off the most...
I have QTd OTB and its limped 3 ways to me, I have like 150 behind at this point, dipping back into my own money.
I bump it to 15 and jackass to my left instacalls along with 1 other limper. Flop is T83 with one diamond, checked to me and I bet 25. Jackass thinks, calls. Turn is a Jd, giving me a gutshot and a flush draw to go along with the 10. Checked to me, I go all in for 120ish into a pot of 100 and jackass says "I have outs, I call" and turns over A9o and spikes a non-diamond 7 on the river. After the hand he says "I knew my ace high was good anyway".<stab>