Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 02:38 PM

Default 7CS: Never Seen This Before

Hi, I play at Paradise Poker. We all ante. The bring in falls upon the low card. However, the low card only has 50c left which is the smaller of the two bring-in amounts (the other being $1). Well, he does not get to make a choice. No-one gets to make any choices. There was no betting. The software dealt out out everyone six cards (full table of eight) and one communal best hand wins. His was the best hand! This is only the second time I have seen this happen, the other time was a straight forward loose passive game where the eight of us ended up on the river together. However, I am not sure the situation warranted the action taken but I guess if Paradise Poker is happy with it then it must be okay.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: 7CS: Never Seen This Before

I can think of a few possible rules that could have pertained to this situation:

You must have, at least the amount of the bring-in in front of you or you are automatically dealt out until you rebuy for whatever the *minimum* required amount is. If the lowest amount is say $10, then that's the least amount of money that he should be forced to buy in for. Once a player goes *below* the cost of the bring in/blinds, they should not be allowed to get dealt a hand, especially if they are going to go about it the way they did here and just deal the rest of the hand out with noone being allowed to bet.

Or, if they want to allow you to be dealt in and you have enough for the ante (as it was in this hand), then he should be forced to bring it in for whatever he has left and the hand continues as usual, afterall, why should everyone else at the table be penalized and not be able to play their hands?

The reason why PP is "happy" with it is because they have no idea how a real poker game operates. They were the first site that I played at, haven't and would never play their again.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: 7CS: Never Seen This Before #2

We get to the river six handed with one fold on fifth and a third street fold and it deals a communal river card. What on earth is this nonsense? I have never seen this before!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Re: 7CS: Never Seen This Before #2

Check out FAQ.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:00 AM

Sounds like there's a bug in the software. Each player should have had the option of calling, folding, or completing, and any additional action should have been on the side. I'd report it to customer support.

Where do you live?
Old 10-09-2007, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like there's a bug in the software. Each player should have had the option of calling, folding, or completing, and any additional action should have been on the side. I'd report it to customer support.

Where do you live?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am UK based, as for reporting it I am not sure it is a bad thing...
Old 10-09-2007, 09:54 PM

If you're saying that it is in your best interests not to be able to bet, I won't argue with you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2007, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, I play at Paradise Poker. We all ante. The bring in falls upon the low card. However, the low card only has 50c left which is the smaller of the two bring-in amounts (the other being $1). Well, he does not get to make a choice. No-one gets to make any choices. There was no betting. The software dealt out out everyone six cards (full table of eight) and one communal best hand wins. His was the best hand! This is only the second time I have seen this happen, the other time was a straight forward loose passive game where the eight of us ended up on the river together. However, I am not sure the situation warranted the action taken but I guess if Paradise Poker is happy with it then it must be okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar situation: bring in only has 85c so is put allin as is everyone else, table is shorthanded so no communal card on the river.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:02 PM

Default One Time Too Many!

[ QUOTE ]
We get to the river six handed with one fold on fifth and a third street fold and it deals a communal river card. What on earth is this nonsense? I have never seen this before!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw this again. Andy B is right. The software is flawed!