Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2006, 10:11 AM

Default AQos in BB, weird scenario...

Well, it was a somewhat new situation for me, but might have a standard answer from some of you more experienced players.

Villian was stacked by me earlier in the night, when I turned a flush to beat his flopped straight. He commented that his play was bad, because he knew I made my flush but raised me on the turn anyway. He reloads for $25 and is aggresive right out the gate - but I take a couple more dollars from him on the first hand since his reload. He then starts raising just about every pot he plays - showing down KTos once which he raised from EP. I am thinking his range is pretty broad now, and he may be tilting.

Villian ($23)
MP ($18)
BUTTON ($3)
SB ($31)
Hero ($53)

Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villian calls .25, fold, fold, SB calls .25, Hero raises to $1.25, Villian reraises to $4, SB folds, Hero calls

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players - $8.25)

I will stop here. Any advice is appreciated at this point. Should I have just pushed PF? I really thought that he assumed I was just trying to pick up the pot PF with a steal, so he was trying to resteal. If I really thought that, I am guessing you guys are going to tell me I should have pushed PF, but who knows? Like I said, I think he was tilting a bit. He was also caught in some plays earlier, and folded when I put pressure on him.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:28 AM

Default Re: AQos in BB, weird scenario...

If you think he's tilting bad then I would have pushed preflop.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:31 AM

bleh, i muck preflop. little money invested, you have ace high OOP to a villain who is obviously gonna put you to the test on the flop, you are going to need to hit this flop very hard to continue, i would not be very confident with just an A or a Q.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:35 AM

c/f here. If he's tilting and especially when he's focusing on you there are better spots than continuing with A-high.

Preflop calling his reraise and seeing a flop looks fine to me.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
c/f here. If he's tilting and especially when he's focusing on you there are better spots than continuing with A-high.

Preflop calling his reraise and seeing a flop looks fine to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf is the point of calling preflop if you are planning to muck on almost every flop. theres 3$ in the pot, we are only being laid slightly better than 2-1 to take this flop OOP with a weak hand that must crush the flop to continue against a villain with a completely undefined hand which is going to be played aggressively. i cant find any good reason to call his reraise, dont just say it looks fine, WHY do you call. what range do you put villain on?
Old 08-03-2006, 10:39 AM

lol, these forums are great.

So far 3 responses:
One says PUSH PF
Two says MUCK PF
Three says C/F

I guess this situation is not exactly clear cut?
Old 08-03-2006, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So far 3 responses:
One says PUSH PF
Two says MUCK PF
Three says C/F

[/ QUOTE ]

if you were looking for THE CORRECT ANSWER!!!11!ONE!11, you arent going to find it. not everyone who posts here is an expert, myself included. you posed a question, people are providing answers. it is up to you to evaluate the answers and determine which one you feel is correct.

you shouldnt be accepting answers at face value. ask yourself WHY people are saying push, or muck, or c/f. THINK about the situation.

also, to those who have responded: for gods sakes, provide some freaking logic.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So far 3 responses:
One says PUSH PF
Two says MUCK PF
Three says C/F

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop.
The UTG limp-reraise usually means AA-KK and you are OOP.
However I would continue if he had reraised several times preflop.
This is important.
To most players, even many maniacs, there is a big difference between raising and reraising preflop.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:49 AM

Put me in the Muck PF Category. You can't outplay a tilting player without investing some chips. And I would rather wait for a better hand. Not to mention that he is UTG, even if he is tilting, he can still pick up a hand.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:05 AM

Took me a minute to notice it was a limp/reraise. In the heat of battle I might call and take a flop but folding preflop, here, is probably best. If he's been opening every pot he enters from every position you've got to be suspicious when he suddenly limps... when he then limp-reraises, you've got to be very suspicious. Until you see him reraising a lot preflop, or doing this play with some frequency, you can easily stand to wait for a better spot than this one.