Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Cops bad beat

Was playing the $5K MTT at Turning Stone. Had 25K chips which was average at the 3rd break with 50 of 124 players left. Then get moved to new table with aggressive big stacks next to me on both sides. Have 19K going into last level of day.

Then I call raise from big stack on my right with 66, short stack moves in, LAG raiser folds, I call getting 1.7-1 pot odds and lose. Later am down to 8.5K, short stack pushes for 4K (10xBB) in 2nd position, I push in 4th position with AQs, and another short stack calls. Pusher has JTo and caller has AKo. JTo wins main pot and AKo wins side pot. I have 1500 left. Push the next hand with KJo. Someone misreraises to isolate and shows 44. I win, have 4K. Next hand I have TT and push and am called by QQ.

That is the end of poker bad beats. I head home. Stop to get motel room. No vacancy. Can't get back on throughway. Follow detour signs. Detour is like 25 miles to next entrance. Really out in country.

Within 1/2 mile of throughway entrance, I get stopped by cops. They say I was going 45 in 30 mph zone. No signs, but I was in the village where the speed limit is lower.

Then they ask if I have been drinking. They keep asking questions about it. I say it is obvious I haven't. They say my eyes are red. I reply that I am on the computer. They ask me to step out. Then they do all the drunk driving tests. They give me breathelizer which comes out 0.0. Normally it would register something significant but legal, but they don't serve drinks at Turning Stone.

Then they ask if I am wanted for something or committed some crime. They ask to search my car. I hesitate, saying I don't have anything but I don't have to allow that. They say they can bring sniffing dogs and if I don't have anything to hide why do I mind. I let them look in trunk. They see suitcase and laptop. They are sateisfied and don't go through suitcase.

They say there is a delay in getting the drivers information from my state and maybe there is something wrong.

They say I was acting nervous so must have been doing something wrong. I say that I was nervous to start with about finding Interstate and had never been asked to get out of car before. I also had $5K on me, and was worried about problems with that, but didn't say.

I figure these guys don't have much to do, so make a big deal of stuff. I had out of state plates. My car was in the shop and the rental car was orange. The rural people there are mostly of New England and Dutch Calvinist background, and take a dim view of bright colors.

So eventually they give me a speeding ticket. Kind of annoying due to insurance and points. I wouldn't do it anyway, but if I tried to offer them something, these guys might charge me for it, and finidng the money on it, determine I am definately a dangerous criminal of some sort.

Ticket has no address or phone number on it, just hand written name of village. I guess I will research where I need to pay it to.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Cops bad beat

tl;dr
Old 08-20-2007, 06:21 PM

Go away old man.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tl;dr

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT
Old 08-20-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is the end of poker bad beats. I head home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad Beats Lol, did you ever get your money in good?
Old 08-20-2007, 06:26 PM

Cliff notes:

[ QUOTE ]
The rural people there are mostly of New England and Dutch Calvinist background, and take a dim view of bright colors.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-20-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That is the end of poker bad beats. I head home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad Beats Lol, did you ever get your money in good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was ahead with 66, plus 1.7-1 pot odds. I played all the hands correctly, but they are not really bad beats as such. Bad beat going from average to busto.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:30 PM

WTF is this story?
Old 08-20-2007, 06:35 PM

serious biz.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:36 PM

So 3 days ago I was driving home at about 2:00 am. I backed out of a drive way, turned around, and headed south at around 25 mph. After a minute or two I made a left turn and then continued on at a speed of approximately 35 mph. Then I got home in about 5 minutes and nothing happened.