Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 07:06 PM

Default How do I extract here? NLCASH

I always have a hard time playing 3 betted pots OOP. Should I slow play this because the only thing that can beat me is a made set or someone turning a set and me blanking on my flush draw. I tried to play this hand sort of fast to make it look like I was scared of a 4 flush. But I guess I got unlucky and he hit nothing. How do I induce a bluff here? Is C-R a better line here? Or even C-C? I guess I could have got him to try to represent an Ace.

Ultimate Bet Pot-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($190.70)
Button ($124.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, Button calls $6.

Flop: ($18) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: $18
Old 09-16-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Re: How do I extract here?

This is a good spot to slowplay on occasion . Your draw is certainly the best draw available(almost always) and your ace is without a doubt the best hand .

It's not a bad idea to check here to see how he responds . I may bet or I may check depending on what I know about him .
Old 09-16-2007, 07:36 PM

Assuming you are cbetting normally this really looks like a sucker bet. I'd bet more.

Sometimes they fold, but you aren't going to make money unless they have something or bluff a lot anyways.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:41 PM

I would proboly try and check hoping for him to bet, think about for little bit then call, or if he checks I would also check turn hoping to induce bluff while you possibly now hold the nuts, I think a hesitant call works pretty good in this spot if he does bluff and might also induce a bluff on the river
Old 09-16-2007, 11:00 PM

Why is this hand being posted? This hand is not interesting at all.