Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 09:15 AM

Default sbrugby loses a million; plays a 1.6 million pot

alot of poker

Been playing tons of poker recently and haven't had a chance to update my blog. I am playing the 5K HU tourney in about 8 hours which I think will be a very fun tourney. Yesterday I had my worst loss ever where I played poker for 30 hours straight. It was very stupid not to quit and cost me a lot of money. In total I lost 960K. I was playing 1K/2K live and lost 1.02 million for about 24 hours straight, and then played another 6 hours online. I feel like I took my loss really well and it didn't bother me much.

I just finished a session online where I won 265K in PLO and 260K in NLH for a 545K day which is my best online session ever. It feels good to book this big win after yesterday's loss live. We plan on playing 1K/2K 1/2 and 1/2 games tomorrow when the tourney ends. I played some very interesting hands yesterday and ran two huge bluffs in a 1.6 million dollar pot and a 1.2 million dollar pot.

Here is the second hand...

I opened from the cutoff in the NLH rotation with the Ad 8h and was cold called by David Benyamine who was on the button, both blinds folded and we took the flop HU. We both had plenty of money in front of us. The flop was Kd 8d 9d and I checked. David bet ~20K into a 20K pot and I check raised 60K more. He called and the turn brought the 6s. I lead for 135K and he called again. River brought the Qh and I fired for 400K and he almost instantly called me with AK with no diamonds. I really have to give David credit for the call. He put me on the exact hand I had and went with his read.

http://www.cardrunners.com/fusetalk/...cfm?forumid=31
Old 06-19-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: sbrugby loses a million; plays a 1.6 million pot

Beat or brag : I expected a rickroll
Old 06-19-2007, 09:23 AM

Who did he win from online? I didn't see him play.

So he's really only down like $400k. And that's all from recent winnings anyways.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:26 AM

Safe to say this has become the largest game ever played (where people are playing with their own money, at least)?

I wonder if Phil Ivey has sat in this game. He always talks about how cash games are more profitable than tournaments, and how much gamble he has in him, yet this is the biggest game he's ever going to find. All bark and no bite?
Old 06-19-2007, 09:29 AM

I don't know of bigger!

In the 1980s/90s there was a rotating game in London involving games like razz, superstud I believe which had £100,000+ pots - Anthony Holden talks about it in The Big Deal - but even allowing for inflation this is way bigger.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:30 AM

Lol, awesome. It's pathetic how often I've been refreshing his blog for updates.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:36 AM

How does DB get the money to play in this game? Isn't he in debt of around 5mil?
Old 06-19-2007, 09:37 AM

I wonder if he really has the emotional control for this. Seems like a train wreck is in his future.

Sbrugby those wings can melt boy.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Safe to say this has become the largest game ever played (where people are playing with their own money, at least)?

I wonder if Phil Ivey has sat in this game. He always talks about how cash games are more profitable than tournaments, and how much gamble he has in him, yet this is the biggest game he's ever going to find. All bark and no bite?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think Phil is sleeping. He could end up winning 10 mill if he gets a bracelet. I think his prop bet has a higher EV than that game.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like I took my loss really well and it didn't bother me much.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if he really has the emotional control for this. Seems like a train wreck is in his future.

Sbrugby those wings can melt boy.

[/ QUOTE ]