Default QQ, tough or easy?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Button ($29.05)
SB ($6.75)
BB ($24.25)
Hero ($25.15)
MP ($24.70)
CO ($40.65)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, MP calls $1, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5.75</font>, MP calls $5.75, BB calls $3.75.

Turn: ($20.35) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, Hero folds, MP calls $4.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:15 AM

Default Re: QQ, tough or easy?

mp staying in the hand is nasty. OTOH the turn bet is extremely small. MP could either have a set that he is slowplaying here or a flush draw. I would call down hu without a 2nd thought. I think I still call here and hope that MP is on a flush draw or that he doesn't know how to extract with a set. As soon as he moves, I'm out, though. And please don't include MP's action next time. It certainly biased my hand reading, because he doesn't raise. So I'm favoring a call down based on action that happened after you had to make your decision. Please take that into account.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:19 AM

Puuuh. There might be a set out there. Especially after 2 players calling your flop raise. But I can also see both of them drawing for a flush. Laying this down is hard. Call the turn and call the river if flush does not hit.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:26 AM

Any reads?
BB looks suspicios, too. For a second barell that turn bet looks either weak ora set.
Anyhow - Q of spades would be like present from heavem [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2007, 03:34 AM

raise more on the flop
Old 03-09-2007, 04:23 AM

Seriously, don't fold to that turn bet. I think I would call and see what MP does, if he gets aggressive I'm out.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:29 AM

Really really nitty here. You seem like the perfect opponent to take advantage of with big bets (even small bets postflop). The only things that are beating you here are two pair, a set, or a straight. Unless there is something wrong in the head of your opponents that you haven't told me about, you aren't looking at two pair here as 96, 95, 92, 65, 62, and 52 aren't in opponents PF calling range. 78 maybe. You may have an opponent who likes to play suited connectors (or connected cards in general) and isn't to concerned about position. If this is the case then make a mental note and take advantage of this persons flaw by hammering him with bets while in position on him. Otherwise I feel 78 isn't in his PF calling range for the most part. He may have a set be he sure is betting small for a set on the turn as opposed to looking for ways to get his money in. The other likely cases I think you have here is something like A9 or x9. He may be betting into you again on the turn as a feeler bet. He could be thinking several things such as that you missed your flop and he has TP and can take it down with some bets. I don't think a draw here is likely because if he bet it on the flop and then was raised why would be bet it again on the turn? Sure maybe someone might, but most people at these limits don't want to be bet off their draw and arent going to be in there semi-bluffing with them again on the turn. Plus this can't even been taken as a serious bluff. If if you were afraid that he had a stellar hand that beat your, you are being offered 6-to-1 on your money for the call on the turn and your implied odds are more than likely with that as he probably doesn't have a super stellar hand.

But then there is the case with the MP behind. I really don't like holding a hand this that is vulnerable to a lot of cards on the river. If MP is floating to the river with overs, he could easy make the best hand. He could also be in there with a draw that could be completed on the river. The turn seems to be the perfect chance to strike and push out the MP. The BB hasn't shown a ton of strength and the MP hasn't shown much strength either. He has called raises and you may get a surprise showing like a set at the end. In this spot I would shove. It looks like you would be putting in ~$14 more. If you pushed out the MP the BB would have to call ~$10 more in a ~$30 pot. Not the best odds to offer him, but you have to protect your hand somewhere. Now seems the chance to do it and scoop a nice pot from a marginal hand.

Let me know what you guys think of my reasoning. I feel like somehow I am being irrational right now. Its late for me, I have been studying all day and I have been forcing myself to study poker for a while as opposed to play. I am getting blue balls for poker and feel like this post is me acting more on impulse than rationale. &lt;3s. Nite all.