Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 04:27 PM

Default NL100 - AK as a bluff

Villain is 30/17/1.6

he has 75% flop to c-bet and doesn't seem to be the worst calling station..

I set him at any middle pocket pair after the preflop + flop calls. I ignored bigger pocketpairs because I strongly think he wouldnt call preflop twice with them. Wouldnt do much sense. Cos I still had a good amount behind I tried to push him out of his hand.
Of course I ignored the 7 too. I mean he calls too much preflop but that chance is ridiculous tiny.

What do you think about this hand?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $128.55
<u>Hero (BB): $124.05</u>
UTG: $193.50
<u>BTN: $307.45</u>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4.00</font>, BTN calls $4.00, SB calls $3.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20.00</font>, UTG folds, BTN calls $16.00, SB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($48) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $30.00</font>, BTN calls $30.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($108) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $74.05</font>, BTN calls $74.05

<font color="black">River:</font> ($256.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $256.10 ($2 Rake)
Old 06-05-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: NL100 - AK as a bluff

Huge spew IMO. I think you are definetely repping a monster, but I think the preflop action should be significant indication of the kind of FE you can expect to have. BTN's action is so fishy that I think he felts almost his entire range after you shove the turn. I probably c/f the flop fwiw.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:39 PM

I like it a lot against some people, but villain seems too loose... I guess zeebo(?) theorem applies here...
Old 06-05-2007, 04:47 PM

nice river
Old 06-05-2007, 05:34 PM

*grunch* Your turn raise might seem to make sense, but its sucks. Based on villains UTG raise, then call of your 20X BB reraise, then FLOP CALL (and ur having ak makes it more unlikely that he does too), I think he has a fairly big pocket pair that he isn't folding here (based on fis flop call). If you had enoough to overbet here the play might be a little better, only because your repping a big pair.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:35 PM

don't be results oriented...Don't think that just because you won this hand on the river (i'm assuming) that you made the right play.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:36 PM

nice, if you always river like that
Old 06-05-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nice river

[/ QUOTE ]

he had 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] so whatever lol =)

-----

but anyways .. it wasn't 4-betted preflop and he doesn't seem to have a very good hand.

I could imagine he calls the flop bet with JJ/TT because he knows that I 4-bet with AK too .. His flop call is so weak that the only 2 hands what really would make sense are Aces + any 7. Since he hasn't shown any strength so far I can be quite sure that he hasn't aces. I still got a lot of money behind and I wouldnt offer him too good odds so that my oppinion is he would fold JJ/QQ because if he's not tilting he will probably recognize that my line is very strong.

Wouldnt do it against everybody of course.

don't you think that is true? btw, where can I read that zeebo(?) theorem?

[ QUOTE ]
*grunch* Your turn raise might seem to make sense, but its sucks. Based on villains UTG raise, then call of your 20X BB reraise, then FLOP CALL ..

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain isn't UTG .. of course it would be something total different if villain would be UTG..

[ QUOTE ]
Huge spew IMO. I think you are definetely repping a monster, but I think the preflop action should be significant indication of the kind of FE you can expect to have. BTN's action is so fishy that I think he felts almost his entire range after you shove the turn. I probably c/f the flop fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

and why c/f ? he has 75% fold to c-bet and doesnt seem to be a station. of course he seems fishy but that doesn't force him to stack of with a marginal pair.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:44 PM

no-one ever folds QQ or JJ on this turn. and i mean no-one.