Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 03:17 AM

Default Pot odds here? 1 card to wheel (razz)

Razz ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (5.80 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (4.40 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (7.40 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___raises

River - (13.40 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (13.40 BB - $6.70)
Old 08-15-2007, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Pot odds here? 1 card to wheel (razz)

I would play it like you to 6th. On 6th you only have 2 outs to
the wheel so it depends if you think the 3 live 6s will win you the
hand.

The c-r on 6th sucks for you and was weirdly played by seat 6
after betting 5th and catching a meh card.

All that said I would probably play it just like you but
I'm not sure it's correct to continue on 6th with so few
outs against 2 scary boards.

Tx.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:48 AM

Do you know anything about your opponents here?

Seat 3's line is mind-boggling. What on earth could he have? 2 pair on 6th? With the passive calldown like that and a fold on 6th I figure he must have had a *really* impossible hand on the end like Q high, but he must have been drawing to something sweet.

I think seat 6 might have had something like J4 in the hole. So on 6th not only does he pick up a low for the first time, he's got a decent made low with a draw to a wheel. That's usually a strong hand but in this case I would say it's not, with all the dead cards and his opponent's boards are pretty scary. I figure he's just an idiot and someone told him a made 8 with a wheel draw was awesome and he's ignoring context.

Could 6th st be a fold? You have 2 outs to a wheel, 5 to a 65, 9 to a 75. I think you have to believe that a 75 will be good if you make it to call, getting 5:1. You're almost certainly against a made 8 on 6th...
Old 08-15-2007, 11:22 PM

I really can't see doing anything differently.