Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Gettting Hacked: Trip report

As I posted a few weeks ago, on January 2nd, my accounts on Full Tilt Poker, gmail, Neteller and Stars were hacked. As a result, I had lost all my roll and money from my bank account. I had 700 taken from my bank, 1200 from FTP, 600 from Neteller, and 1200 from Stars, totaling about 3700. Needless to say, that sucked. I stopped posting on 2p2 so that this clown wouldnt get my password here and start asking for transfers etc. I assume that a keylogger was placed on my computer leading to the hack. I have since then replaced my hard drive and have begun to pick up the pieces.

So far, I have recovered the 700 in unauthorized instacashes from neteller, 935 of about 1200 on FTP, 1542 from about 1700 (including neteller balance) on Stars.

The story is a little complex but standard. The toolbag accessed my account and deposited my remaining neteller balance onto stars and then made 2 instacashes on neteller totaling 700 into FTP. MY chips were then dumped to the accounts 'built2pwn' and 'whyyoulittle' on Stars and FT, respectivily. Luckily I caught this when I did and those accounts were frozen. The reason the process took so long is these players also claimed their accounts were hacked, but the claim was later refuted. I recovered my funds from these accounts.

Currently, by my math, im out about 400-500ish, which all things being equal, ill take.

I do not have the name or address of this person yet, but should I wish to report this to the police Stars and FTP agrees they will comply with a supeona. I just need to talk to my dad, an ex-cop, about what to do next. I think if he gets the name hell probably just call the local PD and they will have their fun.

I also wish to say the following. The support on both Stars and FTP deserve to be commended. I am AMAZED at how well and professionally they handled the situation and I ironically feel safer now than I did before I got hacked. Kevin, Erwin, thank you.

Also, thanks for all the support,

Ed
Old 01-18-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Gettting Hacked: Trip report

Do you use KeyPass or any other sort of password safe? What about spyware-detectors?

Some details on how you were protected and how you were exploited would go miles towards making this post useful.