Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2006, 06:28 PM

Default $60 - JJ Facing Push on Bubble with Shorty

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t400 with t25 antes (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t5590)
Button (t1820)
Hero (t4795)
BB (t1295)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">CO raises to t5565 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, Hero ???

I'm thinking this should probably be a fold, but JJ seems so huge on the bubble... Is his range big enough to justify calling with the shorty there?
Old 06-02-2006, 07:00 PM

Default Re: $60 - JJ Facing Push on Bubble with Shorty

What's the read on the big stack? Generally when I am in the second place, I do not get tangled up with the big stack when 2 remaining stacks are tiny.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:07 PM

Damn, this one is tough.

I would call and play for the win here because JJ is just too big of a hand for me to not play 4 handed even with the BB and Button being on dripbags. Most of the time you're either racing here or are way ahead to an underpair. I just don't see him open pushing QQ+ here but it is possible.

A fold here isn't all that bad either because of your stack in relation to the blinds at this point. Still a lot of time to play and maybe pick a more comfortable spot especially with the 2 shorties.

Winning this pot does make it a lot easier to pwn the table the rest of the way. So with my "go for 1st" mentality, I'm making this call and praying for an underpair.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:11 PM

Seems like a relatively easy fold.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking this should probably be a fold, but JJ seems so huge on the bubble... Is his range big enough to justify calling with the shorty there?

[/ QUOTE ] If his range is literally *any two* its a pretty big edge to call this. For that matter, its +1% $EV all the way down to setting his range to 82%. If it were a known 2+2er there (or myself) I might call with JJ but I think far fewer people here push any two in villain's spot than they let on. I fold this at the table all the time.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] If his range is literally *any two* its a pretty big edge to call this. For that matter, its +1% $EV all the way down to setting his range to 82%. If it were a known 2+2er there (or myself) I might call with JJ but I think far fewer people here push any two in villain's spot than they let on. I fold this at the table all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian needs to push 66% to make this a breakeven call. I think it's highly unlikely that he's pushing that much. FOLD!
Old 06-02-2006, 10:29 PM

yep... i fold this readless.