Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Textbook case variance...lol

I think I can write this about my PS Freeroll experience since you are the people I know on the forum and that this has some application/non-application for the limit variation of HE.

I started playing some ffp NLHE tournaments the last couple of days to give me a new perspective and/or break for my usual .25/.50 Limit poker.

Anyway, just a few minutes ago I played at a 9 max table with the guy to my right going all-in every, I mean EVERY, hand. Everyone folded the entire orbit.

The guy to his right and I started waiting until we had a good hand before taking shots at him. For instance, my LAST hand was AQs vs his Q3o which I lost. that was representative of all the hands we played against him. He broke the guy on his left first and them me. UNREAL I say but I do have a smile on my face because it was a bit funny seeing us get beat like that.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:06 AM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.
Default Re: Textbook case variance...lol

Yup, it happens.

Good try.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:27 AM

[ ] Textbook NC material
[ ] Umm, so how does this relate to Micros?
[ ] deserves lolcats n dogs
[ ] lock it up pardner

Kats, ive played a few of these 70FPP and they are a total crapshoot early on. Get your money in the middle and hope for the best, lose and post hilarity in NC. meh, I really could just lock this right now but Im bored and the forum is slow at the momemto... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 03:12 AM

Why not wait for a better spot than this? Sure he's a maniac, but it seems from your post that it's the second orbit so blinds aren't high enough to call in this spot imo. He either busts eveyone trying to out flop him or he does go busto, then you can start playing poker.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not wait for a better spot than this? Sure he's a maniac, but it seems from your post that it's the second orbit so blinds aren't high enough to call in this spot imo. He either busts eveyone trying to out flop him or he does go busto, then you can start playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know absolutely nothing about the structure of these things. But I'm guessing if you lose that hand, you can fire up another shortly. And if you can't, how much better of a spot are you looking for?

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

8,390,289,600 games 0.062 secs 135,327,251,612 games/sec

Board:
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 66.209% 65.31% 00.90% 5480008468 75106828.00 { AQs }
Hand 1: 33.791% 32.90% 00.90% 2760067476 75106828.00 { random }
Old 08-29-2007, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
know absolutely nothing about the structure of these things. But I'm guessing if you lose that hand, you can fire up another shortly. And if you can't, how much better of a spot are you looking for?

[/ QUOTE ]

9 players. winner takes $11T. 2nd=nothing. a new one starts like every few seconds. if you get a shot to double up off maniac u take it so AQ should be an easy call and hope noone bhind has a monster.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:14 AM

EDIT: I mistakenly thought this was an MTT. Oops. Anyway, if 1st place is the only one that pays then you should play close to cash game strategy which means "take almost any edge". If maniac's hands are near-random it doesn't really matter what the blinds are.
Closed Thread