Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 10:49 AM

Default ***OFFICIAL DC 2p2 Homegame/Happy hour thread (x-post)***

OK. so there was some speculation about a homegame going down in DC a couple of weeks ago. I talked to a few of you about it over PM and now the plans have been finalized.

The Deal : Here's how it's going to work. The date is this Thursday, 4/05. Between 6 and 7:00, I will be hanging out in the bar Asylum in Adams Morgan. If you don't know, this bar is on 18th street close to where it meets Columbia, a couple of fronts down from and on the same side as McDonalds. Anyone is welcome to come meet me there. I will be identified by wearing an old #29 Mets T-shirt and I will try to get a table if any are open (BONUS: I will buy a drink for the first person who correctly identifies the player on said T-shirt in this thread. I need a first and last name. This offer will carry over to other homegames/happy hours if you don't show up).

At 7:00, we will make the decision to either 1) stay out drinking or 2) come back to my apartment building for a poker game (very closeby), depending on the mood and number of people there. In my building, I have a conference room which is very unballa but has plenty of room for a poker game. Personally I would prefer to play the game because I had to rent out the room but if we only get a few people we will probably just forego it.

Since this is the first time meeting for many of us, I would prefer to keep it small. As such, I don't think anyone should bring more than 2 non 2p2 friends with them, as it might make it cliquish if someone shows up with a crew. I'm planning on maybe bringing one guy I work with but that's about it. If you bring a girl, make sure she is either 1) smokin hot or 2) knows the basic rules of poker (if she is both be careful, rumors are that Georgia Ave may be in town).

Finally, if you want to hang out or play poker and you can't make the 7:00 deadline, PM me and I will give you my phone #. Some people have already said they might come a little later so we will take that into account. If you don't like the bar we are going to (Asylum), don't sweat it, we can leave after an hour.

I hope I didn't forget anything but if I did let me know. I have a set of chips (crummy but fine) and cards, so no one has to bring anything this time. If we want to play a game, we can grab a bunch of 30s or whatever on the way back to my place, there is a nearby liquor store. I'm not going to buy them ahead of time in case we decide not to play. For people who are worried about the game "getting robbed", lol give me a break. It's going to be a small stakes game in a locked apt building, not a game with 30k on the table in an unlocked house like in U of Maryland.

If you are planning on coming, try to post in this thread so I have a clue about who is coming and how many people will be there. Hope to see you all on Thursday.

jiggy
Old 04-02-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL DC 2p2 Homegame/Happy hour thread (x-post)***

I'll be there, but as I said have class till 745, so prob wont make it till at least 830. Obv will give you a call to check on the status thurs

Personally, I think we should have an OOT v. BBV HU team competition if we do end up playing a homegame
Old 04-02-2007, 11:34 AM

Make it 6-8 homes, lots of people dont get home til later. I'm in LDO.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Make it 6-8 homes, lots of people dont get home til later. I'm in LDO.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK we will make it between 6-8 then. I will personally be there at 6:00 to begin organizing festivites (it's Passover so matzo all around).
Old 04-02-2007, 11:50 AM

I was born in DC, but now in SoCal. Can I come?
Old 04-02-2007, 12:18 PM

I saw this post also in a other forum maiby you two should have a homegame together
Old 04-02-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw this post also in a other forum maiby you two should have a homegame together

[/ QUOTE ]

?
Old 04-02-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
HUH??
Old 04-02-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Levelled?
Old 04-02-2007, 12:41 PM

^^it's a joke guys...