Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 06:18 PM

Default NL50 - AK in 3bet pot

When I get called on the flop I don't think I beat anything. The best case scenario is a chop vs another AK. Should I c/f the turn?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (http://www.legopoker.com http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

Hero (SB): $68.78
Villain (BB): $287.42
UTG: $14.74
CO: $51.72
BTN: $72.98

Reads: In previous hands Villain bet pot sized on the flop and small (1/4 of the pot) on the turn and river with very strong hands. I have seen him a couple of times betting the minimum on the flop and turn and folding to a reraise. Did not see him bluff apart from those 1xBB cbets.

Preflop: Hero is dealt Ah Kh (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, CO raises to $1.50, BTN folds, Hero raises to $7.00, Villain calls $6.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($16) Kc 6h Qd (2 Players)
Hero bets $12.00, Villain calls $12.00

Turn: ($40) 6d (2 Players)
Hero checks, Villain bets $11.00, Hero calls $11.00

River: ($62) Jd (2 Players)
Hero checks, Villain bets $13.00, Hero calls $13.00

Pot Size: $88.00 ($2 Rake)
Old 09-20-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Re: NL50 - AK in 3bet pot

OOP thats a tough spot. I dont fold to those tiny bets on turn+river. All you can do differently is bet turn again, but then you wouldnt be able to fold anymore.

On the turn u beat KJ AQ and JT, all unlikely. Check and try to get this to SD cheaply. I hope that his calling range is tighter that his betting range, in that case we should let him bet.

What are villain's stats?
Old 09-20-2007, 07:02 PM

What are you c/c on turn for? You get no more information on his hand and if he fires river (assuming you check again), you still have no idea where you're at. What was your plan here on later streets?
Old 09-20-2007, 07:03 PM

Tough spot, I can't really see a better way than the line you took.

EDIT: Actually I just reviewed some hands of my own and realised how many villains do really dumb [censored]. It's rarely wrong to stack off with TPTK in a 3-bet pot, get it in.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you c/c on turn for? You get no more information on his hand and if he fires river (assuming you check again), you still have no idea where you're at. What was your plan here on later streets?

[/ QUOTE ]
Do we really need "information" in his hand? If we bet turn we most likely fold out everything which gives us some value. If we check and villain makes a proper bet we can safely fold. We're not strong enough for a shove. But we are strong enough to call our way down to the SD if he allows us. I don't think this hand is about information, from the turn on, it's about getting this to be at least neutral EV.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:18 AM

villain was something like 40/3/1 over about 800 mined hands

I know the call on the turn is questionable, his most likely hands are AA, KK, AK, QQ and I only chop with one of them, the others have me beat. But for such small bets on turn and river don't I have to call on the off chance he has something like JJ, AK? I guess I would fold to bets over 1/2 the pot without thinking too much, but these were ridiculously small and I did not know what to do really.