Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Adjustments to extremely loose tables?

What adjustments would you make in an extremely loose game?
An example of an online table I played earlier today (at 0.50/1 NL):

VPIP/PFR

seat 1: 68/3
seat 2: 28/11
seat 3: 33/14
seat 4: 66/17
seat 5: 17/12 (me)
seat 6: 33/6

Obviously you have to cut bluffing from your arsenal, and c-bets have something like a 90% chance of getting called so c-bets are no longer profitable on missed flops. It seems like my win rate has dropped playing in these games-when I miss and my opponent misses a flop a c-bet usually takes it down on a tighter table so you win the small pots as well as the big pots, but at these loose games when you have no fold equity you pretty much concede the pot when you miss the flop 67.6% of the time w/ eg AK, AQ, KQ, etc and that hurts your bottom line.

Blind stealing doesn't seem profitable either, so no more making money from stealing the blinds.

So at a really loose table what adjustments would you make?
Do you stop playing real poker and just set mine?
Should I play looser or tighter than 17/12? I can play between 14/10 and 26/19
Old 07-19-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Re: Adjustments to extremely loose tables?

It depends on how badly they play post flop. I assume they are loose and overvalue hands post flop as well. If this the case then play conservative obviously, as you can't bluff these stations. However since there seem to mostly limped pots start taking flops more. Limping along with these guys can be profitable when you hit a hand, I know people say not to limp 6-handed, but against loose calling station that you can value bet to death it is a great way to play. The flops you hit and get paid off on will make up for the many you miss.

If they play this bad Pre flop then there post flop play should be a joke. Limp reasonable hands and play your big hands fast. These guys will keep looking you up until they have no more money.

GL
Old 07-19-2007, 02:47 AM

Default Re: Adjustments to extremely loose tables?

[ QUOTE ]
real poker

[/ QUOTE ]
I take SUPREME issue with the use of this phrase.

"Real poker" is taken to mean what - bluffing, stealing blinds, squeezing, making plays etc etc. In essence it means the type of game you play at a tight table full of thinking opponents, where action is not given out freely and you need to force it. Great. Be my guest - all these self-righteous "real poker" players can have bucket-loads of fun stealing pots from tags, bending over backwards to create a crazy image which is needed to get paid off at these tables.

But the truth is "Real poker" is poker that's played for "Real money", and the "Real measure" of success in poker is your winrate, nothing else. The adjustments you need to make at these kinds of tables are obvious, you're just scared of being labelled a "nit".