Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 22 UTG?
Raise 34 52.31%
Call 23 35.38%
Fold 8 12.31%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2006, 07:14 AM

Default 100NL player takes remainder of roll HU 25/50 vs OMGCLAYAIKIN

So I've run terribly in november, Roll was 3200 at the beginning of the month, most days it's been a fight not to fly off the handle. I would post some of the other hands but I only have two days play since I moved Pokertracker to a different drive for storage and lost all of my data. Anyhow, I sit down at a table today and get up a decent amount then find myself at a table with a gentleman who has 1200BB infront of him and is pushing everything. This guy was off the hook...along with my stuff he did the following...

JJ>QQ AIPF
55>KK AIPF
QJ>KK AIPF

Those 3 were all 400BB pots if not bigger...was cracking everyone and everything.

Here's how it went for me...

******* Hand 1 ********

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $4.5</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($23.5, 5 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 is all-in $1146.4</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $96.1</font>, 2 folds.
Uncalled bets: $1050.3 returned to UTG+1.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($215.7, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $215.7)

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($215.7, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $215.7)

Results:
Final pot: $215.7
<font color="#ffffff">UTG+1 showed Qc Kd</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero showed 4d 5d</font>

******* Hand 2 ********

Full Tilt Poker
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $2</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($6, 3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $90</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $165.35</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($336.7, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $336.7)

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($336.7, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $336.7)

Results:
Final pot: $336.7
<font color="#ffffff">CO showed Kh Th</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero showed Ks Ts</font>

******* Hand 3 ********

Full Tilt Poker
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($4, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $200</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $329.6</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($663.2, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $663.2)

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($663.2, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $663.2)

Results:
Final pot: $663.2
<font color="#ffffff">CO showed Ad 9d</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero showed Qh 6h</font>

******* Hand 4 ********

Full Tilt Poker
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero calls, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $299</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $355.5</font>, SB calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($712, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $712)

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($712, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $712)

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($712, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $712)

Results:
Final pot: $712
<font color="#ffffff">SB showed 7d 8h</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero showed Kd Ac</font>

I won some of the smaller pots off of him, but alas he won both huge pots and I ended up like -300 overall to him. Combine that with a couple mild suckouts on other tables and dropping 6 Buy-Ins three days ago and I was primed for some feces-slinging wild monkey tilt. I didn't lose that much, but the combination of such loss of potential gain and being near the underrolled breaking point was too much.

I decided I am NOT going back to 50NL for the like 8th time because I know I can beat 100NL if I ever get enough of a roll to handle my god damn variance.

So I decide there are only two options, COMPLETE BUSTO, or COMPLETE ROBUSTO (Relative to my current Bankroll) and decide it's time to see who's playing 25/50NL.

I find OMGCLAYAIKON sitting alone at 25/50 and I sit down.

"Hi Clay, I'm here to tilt off the rest of my roll."

"You sure that's a good idea?"

"Yep."

"GL."

Like four hands go by, and I obviously have zero shot at him playing normally and shortstacked so I figure I will just be abusive with the All-Ins and hope to whittle a decent amount away, suckout, or get action on a good hand.

I have 1600ish starting. I win the blinds a couple times then this happens...

FullTiltPoker Game #1312672501: Table Broadway (6 max) - $25/$50 - No Limit Hold'em - 4:52:43 ET - 2006/11/27
Seat 3: Hayeater ($1,732.65)
Seat 4: OMGClayAiken ($4,824.50)
Hayeater posts the small blind of $25
OMGClayAiken posts the big blind of $50
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hayeater [Ks 6h]
Hayeater raises to $150
OMGClayAiken raises to $450
Hayeater raises to $1,732.65, and is all in
OMGClayAiken calls $1,282.65
Hayeater shows [Ks 6h]
OMGClayAiken shows [Qs Qc]
OMGClayAiken: gl
*** FLOP *** [Kc 5d 6c]
*** TURN *** [Kc 5d 6c] [9h]
OMGClayAiken: nh
*** RIVER *** [Kc 5d 6c 9h] [Jd]
Hayeater shows two pair, Kings and Sixes
OMGClayAiken shows a pair of Queens
Hayeater wins the pot ($3,464.80) with two pair, Kings and Sixes
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $3,465.30 | Rake $0.50
Board: [Kc 5d 6c 9h Jd]
Seat 3: Hayeater (small blind) showed [Ks 6h] and won ($3,464.80) with two pair, Kings and Sixes
Seat 4: OMGClayAiken (big blind) showed [Qs Qc] and lost with a pair of Queens

Obviously we don't need to comment on the hand because I played it perfectly. I give clay my apologies for the hit and run I'm about to do and I leave the table.

I turned my 1600 into just over 3400, after I spent 25 dollars replacing the underwear I soiled I'm back to where I started with 1/3rd of a stack of high society. The 12K Guaranteed has a top prize of 3000 dollars. Does it have my name on it? I don't know, but I'm gonna find out.