Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Amanda Beard in Playboy

Olympic swimmer Amanda Beard has apparently shot a spread for Playboy. Here's a shot of her almost taking it off:

A cookie to anyone who can find a link to the nudie pics online!
Old 05-11-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Amanda Beard in Playboy

Dom,

O RLY?
Old 05-11-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dom,

O RLY?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, I did a search and everything! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2007, 02:03 PM

Hot! Reminds me of my sister.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A+
Old 05-11-2007, 02:52 PM

sooooooooooo hot
Old 05-11-2007, 04:10 PM

So, I heard Jason Smith on ESPN All-Night talking about this last night. He was responding to some League of Women something-or-other's claims that this was bad for women's athletics...marginalizing women's contributions in the field of athletics to their bodies (not what they can do in competition, but how well they turn men on).

Smith's response was ridiculous. He basically said that no one is forcing these girls to pose nude and that if you have a problem with it you should be better parents (not that the person making the comment about women's athletics was Amanda Beard's mom or anything). He said it was good for women's sports because here they were on ESPN actually discussing women's SWIMMING. I dunno, I usually find Jason Smith to be an over-arrogant prick. But never more than last night. His comments were unresponsive to the point HE brought up to respond to.

For the record, I have NOTHING against any good-looking woman taking her clothes off for cameras. I don't think it should be discouraged in the least...and in fact, I think everything to ENCOURAGE good-looking women to take their clothes off for people to see should always be done.

However, I think the feminista's point was valid. It does kinda suck that women's athletics hardly ever gets discussed unless the athlete in question is hot and has pictures snapped of her wearing little or no clothing. I'm sure for female athletes that want to be taken seriously as athletes, they must roll their eyes and go, "great...I can win seven Olympic medals...but no one will ever hear of or talk about me unless I pose naked or semi-naked in a magazine...and if I don't have the looks to do that, then no one will ever hear of or talk about me period."

Anyway, all for Amanda Beard taking her clothes off for Playboy and really anyone else she wants to. But I can see how it must suck for women's athletics that it takes this kind of thing to get any publicity.

I'm certainly no part of the cure, as I don't watch any women's sports unless Maria Sharapova is in the near-court.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice
Old 05-11-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, I think the feminista's point was valid. It does kinda suck that women's athletics hardly ever gets discussed unless the athlete in question is hot and has pictures snapped of her wearing little or no clothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, anyone that thinks this point of view is valid has never tried watching a women's basketball game.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, I think the feminista's point was valid. It does kinda suck that women's athletics hardly ever gets discussed unless the athlete in question is hot and has pictures snapped of her wearing little or no clothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, anyone that thinks this point of view is valid has never tried watching a women's basketball game.

[/ QUOTE ]

GOOD...intelligence. Read my entire post. I can't stand women's sports. On balance, I find them incredibly boring. But I'm still capable of seeing how it would suck for female athletes that the status quo is what it is. Perhaps that's because I have a brain that allows me to reason beyond my personal preferences (I don't like coffee, but I can understand how others could).

Are you capable of that?