Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 05:28 AM

Default 40-80 Borgata K10s vs Tilted Euroraiser

Haven't been playing live midlimits this summer much but made it to AC this week and got a few hands in. Game is running seven handed since two people are away from the table. Villain is a bad european player. My image is tight/aggro.

Important history: Previous hand Villain open limps in in the cutoff, I raise A8 of spades, blinds fold. Flop is 10 9 5 all red, he checks, I bet he folds.
At this point my friend who was standing behind me asks what I had. I stand up and tell him, and then he makes some joke about the hand and we laugh.

As I turn back to the table, Villain is open-raising in an angry sort of way, and I realize he must have overhead some of our exchange (unintentionally on my part). I pick up K10 of diamonds and elect to call (questionable). Both blinds call.

Flop 10 8 8 rainbow: Check, Check, Villain bets, I raise, Fold, Fold, Villain 3bets, I call.

Turn blank, offsuit 4 lets say: Villain bets, I call.

River Q: villain checks, I check.

Should I be 3-betting preflop here to isolate, or perhaps just fold?
Should I valubet the river once he checks?
Should I do something else different?
Old 08-19-2007, 05:33 AM

Default Re: 40-80 Borgata K10s vs Tilted Euroraiser

3-bet preflop. Your description makes it sounds like villain's range is wider than it normally is and he is prone to making mistakes. For both of these reasons, I don't mind putting in a 3rd bet and isolating him. Even though suited, KTs is not a hand I like to see multiway postflop. FWIW, I am folding K9s/QTs/KTo here so this decision is close for me and I don't begrudge anyone who recommends you fold preflop. This spot sounds like it's too good to pass up though.

As played, flop and turn are standard.

I value bet the river. Villain has telegraphed a T to you on the river. KT is the last hand I value bet here because the kicker plays. I am folding to a raise without a read.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:23 AM

IF you decide to play KTs in this spot, it should be for a raise and never for a call, that will also make it easier to play post flop

as played, I would gladly check river behind bc I think your hand is good here almost never
Old 08-19-2007, 07:06 PM

I would fold PF unless you think his range is much weaker due to his angry demeanor, then I would 3 bet. I'd valuebet the river, but I don't play live much FWIW.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:25 PM

I actually like the coldcall here (or, like, fold) oddly enough. 3 betting and getting it hu against a possibly "angry" type with this hand sucks as you'll often be pushed off the best hand or not see a river with your 6 outer etc etc. As played must be river cmon. And why would you say that stuff at the table lol
Old 08-20-2007, 01:29 AM

I coldcalled pre because I don't think this guy is going to be pushed around and I know I am going to have to most likely flop something to win the pot. Usually I am 3 betting most hands against this guy, but I didnt feel that raising gave my hand much protection against him or would buy me any FE, although it may have knocked the blinds out.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I coldcalled pre because I don't think this guy is going to be pushed around and I know I am going to have to most likely flop something to win the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just fold then.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:43 AM

Yeh my logic is flawed on this one, been playing PLO too much and I have gotten in the habit of coldcalling raises in position and not valuebetting thin enough. I suppose I was thinking I had implied odds so when I flop a pair+ so I could get a lot of value. Not betting the river is inconsistent with that idea though.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:31 AM

3bet pre, i gotta be there to advise on river bet...

I've seen AA c/c there, weird guys play live...

JT
Old 08-20-2007, 02:55 PM

Bet the river.