Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2006, 08:40 PM

Default live 30/60 blind battle

I've been meaning to post a hand here (my first one in this forum) for a while now, so here goes. Its the only hand I can remember from last night, so sorry if its boring.

We're playing 6 handed and the game is basically 5 typical B&M regulars who play too loose on the sb streets and too tight on the bb streets. I have a bit of a spazzy image as I chose to show some bluffs, including my first hand where I posted and raised/bet the whole way without looking at my cards. I've also been showing down a ton with just big cards and value-betting hands that typical live players would never have considered taking initiative with in the first place.

Anyway, my play has clearly been pissing off the villain in this hand. Unlike the others, he is laggy on all streets and has been trying to outplay me since I sat down.

Folded to me in the SB and I flip in a chip with T7o. BB knocks the table. The flop comes:

J T 7 rainbow.

I check and quickly raise. BB sighs and calls. Turn is:

K making 2-flush.

I bet, BB raises, I 3bet, he fakes 4betting and just calls. River is:

9 making 3-flush.

What is your line and is it close?
Old 09-27-2006, 11:27 PM

Default Re: live 30/60 blind battle

[ QUOTE ]

Folded to me in the SB and I flip in a chip with T7o. BB knocks the table. The flop comes:

J T 7 rainbow.

I check and quickly raise. BB sighs and calls. Turn is:

K making 2-flush.

I bet, BB raises, I 3bet, he fakes 4betting and just calls. River is:

9 making 3-flush.

What is your line and is it close?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can go ahead and fold this preflop.

The river is a death card, which could normally work in your favor; however, given your image, there is no way you are getting a better hand to fold. So let's rule out any fancy bluffs. So what about bet/fold? Probably not a good idea, since you say this villain is out to get you. Are you good here ~10% of the time? Maybe. Hard to tell given your image. I would just check/call.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:35 AM

Unless he is totally spewing, I think you're beat here. You probably got rivered here by some pair+straight draw. BUT it's heads up and there is a lot of money in there, plus he is pissed at you. You should showdown as cheaply as possible. Betting and getting raised sucks. he will probably bet any river if you check to him regardless of what he has. So check call is probably your only option here.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:53 PM

"Unlike the others, he is laggy on all streets and has been trying to outplay me since I sat down."

Guys, FWIW, I dont' think we need to take this too far--he is a B&M player after all [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. A bluff raise on this river against a showdown monkey like me would just be sheer lunacy, right?
Old 09-28-2006, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you can go ahead and fold this preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

For one chip? Nah... Fold to a raise...

To vmacosta: will he raise if he has a straight? Or only with a flush? I know some of those players don't raise the river w/out the nut/second-nut, and if he's one of those, go ahead and b/f.

And if he's one of those guys who would never call a bet w/out at least two pair, c/c.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know some of those [B&M] players don't raise the river w/out the nut/second-nut...

And if he's one of those guys who would never call a bet w/out at least two pair...

[/ QUOTE ]

Chipspin,
You might know better than me, but I could see this guy raising with just a straight and calling with some 1-pair hands.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know some of those [B&M] players don't raise the river w/out the nut/second-nut...

And if he's one of those guys who would never call a bet w/out at least two pair...

[/ QUOTE ]

Chipspin,
You might know better than me, but I could see this guy raising with just a straight and calling with some 1-pair hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I know who Villain is, he will raise you with a straight, and most likely call you with top pair. I doubt he'd raise a two-pair hand or a set on this board, tho.

Go ahead and b/f.