Old 06-01-2007, 07:06 AM

Default NL25 AA against aggressive villain

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $59.36</font>
BB: $38.84
UTG: $20.87
CO: $38.19
BTN: $18.00

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">Villain is 50/33/6,
He told the table what a great winning night he has (winning 130$ at NL25) and that he finally learned how to play good poker "without thinking". He reraised someone with Kings all-in on the flop when he had JT on a jack-high flop and won with a river 2-pair. I won 2 big pots against him and he said he wanted to win his chips back. Didn\'t often reraise preflop.</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $3.75</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $2.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($7.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $7.40</font>, Hero calls $7.40

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($22.55) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $21.45</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $42.90</font>, BB calls all-in for $6.24
Uncalled bet of $15.21 returned to Hero

<font color="black">River:</font> ($77.93) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $77.93 ($2 Rake)

When he reraised me preflop I thought he might have a real hand, thinking he's best. So I just called and wanted him to bet himself to death. Usually I don't call with Aces preflop but I thought against this player it was the right move.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:27 AM

Default Re: NL25 AA against aggressive villain

[ QUOTE ]
When he reraised me preflop I thought he might have a real hand, thinking he's best

[/ QUOTE ]

With a read like that, you definitely 4 bet and get him to shove.

On turn, he has two pair/set more often than a straight imo, and he definitely calls with all those hands. Don't know if he bets it too. I suspect turn is really well done actually.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:35 AM

Thought if I 4-bet preflop I might cause him to doubt his AK/JJ/QQ/TT

BTW the bets came very quickly, he probably had the "bet pot" box checked. (What does that tell us?)
Old 06-01-2007, 07:37 AM

This doesn't sound like the type of villain who is likely to get away from anything halfway-decent if you 4bet preflop here.

You are both pretty deep. 4bet to like $8. This will build a big pot, and theese lagtards never get away from those. Not 4betting preflop here is pretty horrible IMO.

Theese people always somehow convince himself "he is just playing back at me".
Old 06-01-2007, 07:41 AM

I'm with ocd, I don't think he's getting away from much pre-flop when you 4-bet.

On the turn, I think you want to end up all-in. How you got there was fine. Even if you were behind a straight when the money went in, you had 10 outs to win and another 13 to chop. That seems like plenty against his range.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:43 AM

8$?
If I 4-bet here at all, I'm pretty much defining my hand. Wouldn't I want to raise bigger (above 10$) to deny him the odds to call for set value?
Old 06-01-2007, 07:47 AM

More is fine, but this guy is retarded and won't exploit the odds. He will still call with KJs and stack off on K/J high flops.

This is one of the few occations where it's cool to try and "lure" your opponent into the pot because he is clearly bad enough postflop to have huge reverse implied odds with about any holding here.

Raising to $12ish would also be fine though.