Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2006, 02:58 PM

Default QT suited live 15-30, call down w/ weak kicker?

Live medium-tight (for a live game) passive-ish table. Gen 3-6 to a flop. most recent hands have been 6 handed. Villian is a regular who can play decently but not necessarily great (not a ton of experience w/ her) will sometimes make moves. On the occasions i have played her she sometimes makes loose fishing calls, and has a reasonably loose pf standard in loose games. On this session however (possibly due to the lineup) she has been playing fairly tightly.

B/c of recent passivity (and a probably too loose call in gen) I open-limped utg+2 w/ Q10 of clubs (raising MAY have created a few folds from the players behind, but a decent amount of loose pf cc'ers behind so *shrug), mp1 called as did villian on Btn and both blinds.

Flop bets = 4.75 SB = Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
giving me Tpwk and Backdoor flush/str8 draws.
sb chk, bb chk, Hero bet, MP call, Btn Raise, hero call, Mp call
(should i have gone for a cr?)

Turn 5.375 BB : 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] giving me OESD (if not already dead to K10)

Hero chk, MP chk, Btn bet, Hero call, Mp call

River 8.375 BB : J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero chk, Mp chk, Btn Bet, Hero?

what am i beating here other than a 910 bluffing river?
thoughts on all streets welcome.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:33 PM

Default Re: QT suited live 15-30, call down w/ weak kicker?

I think that you can probably fold. You are basically only beating Q9 and chopping with the same hand. Live players will play KQ/AQ like this. The only draws are T9/KT and one of them got there. Unless she's dumb her river bet is for value against two players. She's value betting KT/QJ/33/AQ for sure. Some live players won't even value bet KQ/QT/Q9 here so I think you'd have to discount the hands you can actually beat. If she had AJ or something you just got rivered.

So yeah, looks like a fold to me unless she's capable of firing with T9/QT/Q9/maybe even Q8 or Q7 suited. Online this would be the easiest call ever obviously.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:07 AM

if q10 is gonna be played in that position, id rather see a raise. 3betting the flop gains more information on where you stand, as is id fold bc i dont see anything you're ahead of after the river
Old 10-08-2006, 03:28 AM

Preflop: would not play QTs from that spot.

Flop: no strong preference between calling the raise or three betting. This would be read dependent as to what the button's raising standards are. It is certainly a draw rich board though it is tough to play QT hard. Losing MP would probably buy outs. If you felt very confident that the button would bet out, then the check raise is probably the best route.

Turn: Depending on the button's disposition and playing tendencies you can consider a check raise here. It may get you a free showdown. You did the percentage play, but a CR should be under consideration at least some of the time in spots like this.

River: Again, very read dependent. Folding is probably the percentage route in a pot this size.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:05 AM

whoa, this kind of table, open-limping QTs and other suited semis is ok.

Folding the river does seem correct, but I'm a fish, so I call.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whoa, this kind of table, open-limping QTs and other suited semis is ok.

Folding the river does seem correct, but I'm a fish, so I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo. Live poker, I love being the fish.