Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 04:57 AM

Default Bad beats after withdrawal

Ok, so let me just start off by saying that i really dont know if this is true or not, but i just wanna report what i have experienced and hear if any of you have experienced the same thing. I have been playing regularly online for about 3 years and i have been at one of the major online poker rooms for about a year now. I like this room because it has been very profitable for me, but there is a strange problem i just cant get over. I seem to hit long strings of bad beats for a few days to a few weeks after withdrawal. This has happend to me more than a dozen times. To make sure it wasnt in my head i decided to go back through all my records and make a list of the dates of my withdrawals. Sure enough, i see that they all come at peaks in my profits. I usually play tourneys, and it looks like i average a drop of about 20 buy ins after withdrawals. Lately it has been more. Now I'm not crying foul. yet. I have still made a good amount of $, but i just wanted to know has this happend to anyone else out there?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Bad beats after withdrawal

Yes,its called the Doomswitch,and its purpose is to punish you for taking your cash out of a given site.Now Doomswitch`s vary greatly from site to site.Some are auto,some are manual and activated via remote.But make no mistake about it,every site has one.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes,its called the Doomswitch,and its purpose is to punish you for taking your cash out of a given site.Now Doomswitch`s vary greatly from site to site.Some are auto,some are manual and activated via remote.But make no mistake about it,every site has one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doomswitch is common knowledge amongst most experienced players. It's built into the programming. Players, however, have found a couple of ways to counter-act doomswitch. For the next few sessions after a cashout, you should do the following:

1. Fold all pocket aces, kings, and queens. This is the biggest one. Doomswitch makes you lose about 80% of these.

2. Watch out for when you hit a set. Doomswitch often makes your opponent have an over set. When you hit a set, you are better off just folding.

3. While doomswitch does make hands like AA losing hands, it also has the opposite effect on weaker hands. Thus, if you start playing hands like 52o, you'll find your results improving.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so let me just start off by saying that i really dont know if this is true or not, but i just wanna report what i have experienced and hear if any of you have experienced the same thing. I have been playing regularly online for about 3 years and i have been at one of the major online poker rooms for about a year now. I like this room because it has been very profitable for me, but there is a strange problem i just cant get over. I seem to hit long strings of bad beats for a few days to a few weeks after withdrawal. This has happend to me more than a dozen times. To make sure it wasnt in my head i decided to go back through all my records and make a list of the dates of my withdrawals. Sure enough, i see that they all come at peaks in my profits. I usually play tourneys, and it looks like i average a drop of about 20 buy ins after withdrawals. Lately it has been more. Now I'm not crying foul. yet. I have still made a good amount of $, but i just wanted to know has this happend to anyone else out there?

[/ QUOTE ]
Pacific? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2006, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The secret to circumventing the doom switch is very simple my friend............

After you make your withdawal of $500 or $1,000 or whatever the amount.....................make a DEPOSIT of $20 whether you need the money in your account or not..... Do this before you play another hand.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:04 PM

Yes, they want you to go bust so you can't generate more rake for them.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:12 PM

Why is everyone on this forum so damn sarcastic? A person has a legitimate concern, and no one can take the time to offer a genuine response? That happens to me too often here, and it is frustrating. I realize we are all poker players, and on the tables we are not comerades. But it seems like this forum should be a more welcoming place to share your thoughts.

I have not paid attention to whether my swings hit after withdrawals, but I see no harm in looking into it, or even doing something silly like making a tiny deposit - even if all it does is calm your superstition, it might help change your luck! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2006, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is everyone on this forum so damn sarcastic? A person has a legitimate concern, and no one can take the time to offer a genuine response? That happens to me too often here, and it is frustrating. I realize we are all poker players, and on the tables we are not comerades. But it seems like this forum should be a more welcoming place to share your thoughts.

I have not paid attention to whether my swings hit after withdrawals, but I see no harm in looking into it, or even doing something silly like making a tiny deposit - even if all it does is calm your superstition, it might help checnge your luck! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-30-2006, 12:17 PM

OMG
Hot streaks followed by cold streaks!
Seems almost to make sense.
I think the word is "variance", but I might have spelled it wrong.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Please kill yourself. Quickly. Like, before you can start typing again.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the kind of useless, negative, degenerate banter that I was referring to. Don't you have something better to do with your time than to insult people on the internet? Honestly, there are more fullfilling things in life. Try eating something nice, or taking a walk, or reading a book. Perhaps some yoga would help your negativity.

Edit/MH: Agreed. This type of one-liner has never been welcome on Twoplustwo, but they may well result in bans, from now on.