Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2006, 04:36 AM

Default KQo vs TAG and Fish: PP 2-4 6 max

UTG is TAG 22/16/3 and SB is huge fish calling down with weak crap and peeling flops very light (70/1/1)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Final Pot: 5.50 BB
Old 07-25-2006, 04:36 AM

Default Re: KQo vs TAG and Fish: PP 2-4 6 max

Also the TAG has a WTSD of %20
Old 07-25-2006, 04:44 AM

So is this a value bet/fold (or call if SB calls two)? TAG folds all hands that you're way ahead of, you let SB call down with crap, and if TAG raises w/o SB hanging along, you can let go. Am I right?

Looks like an ok play.

Added: Would you bet the river vs. TAG only?
Old 07-25-2006, 04:59 AM

Yeah the idea was to bet/fold. I feel like a good amount of time this bet will fold out the TAG and probably extract two bets from the fish. If TAG raises I'm gone. If he just calls then I think I bet/fold a blank river. This play only needs to work one out of four times right? I'm hoping villain doesn't have an ace but has a low PP or something like that. Even if both call I'm getting decent odds to hit trips or the straight (both of which will be more or less the nuts in this situation) Thoughts?
Old 07-25-2006, 05:31 AM

I usually fold this flop. If I don't I play it the same.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:12 AM

For me it's close between calling and folding this flop. If the TAG is not too tight from UTG and cont. bets on Axx flops w/o an ace, I like to call with 4 outs to a straight, backdoor FD and in best case 6 pair outs, evaluating turn.
I like postflop.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually fold this flop. If I don't I play it the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you fold this flop youre not playing good poker. The hero is getting 8-1 closing the action with a gutshot/backdoor 2nd nut flush draw. The hero also has perfect relative position to trap both players on the turn with a checkraise if he should hit. There is also a huge fish in the pot which increases the likelihood that the hero will get paid off all the way should he hit. Also, the hero will have 10 outs here more often then you think. And finally, on rare occasions, the hero will actually have the best hand with his nut non-pair and win the pot unimproved, when the PFR has something like KTs/QTs and the fish has Q4, and the turn and river get checked through. So I hope I have made my point clear that folding this flop is out of the question.