Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 07:48 PM

Default 2/4 6-max I am a calling station

I don't have any reads on button; I've only been here an orbit and I don't recognize the screenname. It looks like everything missed but it doesn't take much to beat me on the end.

Folds to button ($559) who raises to $14, SB folds, I ($400) call in BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($30)

I check, he pots, I call

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($90)

I check, he bets $68, I call

River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($226)

I check he bets $156, I call

Comments welcome on all streets.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Re: 2/4 6-max I am a calling station

Lead the turn if your just planning on a c/c.

I think I call on this river as played, you're hand looks very weak and I'd try bluffing here if I was villian looking at your line and this board.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:53 PM

I'd play it like that some of the time and some of the time I would donk the turn and some of the time I would check-raise the turn. Since you don't have a read, I think taking the passive line is fine.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:55 PM

Fold preflop against most people. This a trap-hand reverse implied odds nightmare that you are going to lose money with out of position.

check/raise the flop or turn. Not sure which one I hate less but this spot is just ass which is why you fold preflop. With no read c/c c/c c/c is also an option but god just fold pf.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lead the turn if your just planning on a c/c.

I think I call on this river as played, you're hand looks very weak and I'd try bluffing here if I was villian looking at your line and this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

After flop/turn combo river call should be close to mandatory against an unknown i concur.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:03 PM

It seems like if I c/r at any point I'm turning my hand into a bluff, no? I pick up the ass end of a straight on the turn so that's a small jump in equity but it seems when I c/r and get called on the turn, I'm in pretty terrible shape. If I c/r the flop, he gets to jam all his better hands and his mediocre draws and I have to fold a hand that could be in great shape. I've seen people get pretty aggro with naked flush draws and mediocre wraps in these spots (blind vs. button) often as well as the occasional holdem player thinking AK22 is the nuts here that I don't want to inflate the pot and then fold.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:13 PM

I don't hate your line but it's really dangerous. You can c/r the turn, it's not really true that any hand that gives you action has you beat as there are a lot of drawing hands that have to call a c/r, and you'd only c/r with the intention of calling a shove. The problems I have with the hand: OOP against an unknown, with a hand a little too weak to defend with; a good villain will be value-betting KQ on the river here, and you've paid him off all the way when all you needed to do was fold.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:49 PM

This line looks standard for a hand like this. You're behind KQxx, KKxx, QQxx, but you're ahead of AAJT, KJT9, etc. It's not impossible he backdoored a straight because of his weird turn bet. I call this most of the time because your hand looks like a scared KQ/K7/76 or a missed draw. The reason I like his bet a lot if he does have a missed draw is because your range is really, really weak unless you backdoored a straight yourself.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:06 PM

I really don't like this line. I'd check raise the flop or turn. Even then if he calls your not going to like any turn or river though. This spot sucks so much.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:09 PM

I've seen people get pretty aggro with naked flush draws and mediocre wraps in these spots (blind vs. button) often as well as the occasional holdem player thinking AK22 is the nuts here that I don't want to inflate the pot and then fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats probably why you should get just as aggresive with your two pair hands in this situation.