Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 10:09 AM

Default Pokerstars software and odds of poker

I've lost about 12 out of 15 heads up tournys all to very bad beats. Not races or QJ beating AA. I mean I have trips or two pair etc. after flop and they go all in and hit 2 or three outers every time for 12 tournys. I'm a winning player, although, i don't win at pokerstars like I did at other sites and this is the prime reason. I intice these players to bluff and do crazy stuff then when they do, they get a big reward in the way of taking my money. does anyone know what the odds would be for losing 12 st8 all ins to two or three outers? I really think PS has blackballed me for talking trash all the time while I play and I feel like they are playing games with me and I"m ready to go to full tilt. But i like the cashout option I have with pokerstars so I can get my money via ATM. I can't get a epass for full tilt is why I stay with stars. But mathmaticlly is it correct even with the variance issues to lose 12 st8 for all the chips to 2 to 3 outers. Anybody that doesn't believe me is more then welcome to see my hand history if you want to desipher it all out. It's a joke and thoughts?
Old 08-13-2007, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Pokerstars software and odds of poker

Are you going for the record number of bad beat complaints in an hour?

What's your User ID? Do you mind if I post the final/important hands from your last 15 headsup tournaments? Though I should note that it doesn't really mean a lot even if you lose to bad bad beats in 15 games in a row: That's variance. What matters is the long run.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:36 AM

I'll say the same to you as I said (in more detail) a moment ago to someone else:

IF PoketStars or any other poker room were going to manipulate the cards, they would need to spend a lot of time and money on some pretty sophisticated software to get the effect they wanted.

They would NOT blow all that effort by having it do something so amateurish that it is glaringly obvious to the players affected and would leave a trail of evidence a mile wide in the hand histories.

That is apart from all the other reasons why they wouldn't do it.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:26 AM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]
I'll say the same to you as I said (in more detail) a moment ago to someone else:

IF PoketStars or any other poker room were going to manipulate the cards, they would need to spend a lot of time and money on some pretty sophisticated software to get the effect they wanted.

They would NOT blow all that effort by having it do something so amateurish that it is glaringly obvious to the players affected and would leave a trail of evidence a mile wide in the hand histories.

That is apart from all the other reasons why they wouldn't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't dismiss OP's concerns so quickly. Clearly Stars is using 3rd level thinking.

Crazy? Crazy like a fox.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:25 PM

Did you lose 12 straight? Or did you lost "about" 12 out of 15?
Inquiring minds want to know!!