Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Kinda general -- AK PF IP against hyper-aggressive 100NL

Villain is hyper aggressive and in almost every other pot with ATC. He check raises liberally and pounces on any weakness with overbets and raises. Do you 4bet PF to his min-raise? Just calling seems so weak, but I don't like where a raise gets me. I do not mind getting it all in PF, but not part way. He doesn't seem competely stupid, but he's taken to heart the "play your opponent's cards, not your own" motto to the extreme.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BTN: $92
SB: $145
BB: $61.95
UTG: $56.15
Hero (CO): $103.10

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.5, 5 players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $6</font>, BB folds,

He must view me as tight and somewhat timid from the hands we've played. My apologies if this is too simple. I'm moving back up to 100NL and want to check on some fundementals and make sure they're the same.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Kinda general -- AK PF IP against hyper-aggressive 100NL

I would just call
Old 01-04-2007, 10:51 PM

If he is playing most of the hands, he is playing mostly with junk. Take advantage of that fact. His min bet is to take the lead away from you psychologically. You also don't know where you are at now. Does he have AA or A4o? I definitely reraise here to $15. If he has the cards he will call. Very unlikely to call with junk at that price. Against tricky villains like this, i like to be in position when i do this. By playing back at him, yuou take away his "advantage". He will be less likely to mess with you , UNTIL HE HAS A HAND.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:30 PM

i just call and let him spew when the flops good. guess you could three bet but what are you gonna do when you whiff the flop and he checks to you since he likes to c/r. prolly check then he might donk the turn and you can call if you think A high is good but it's a tough spot not to spew yourself. since he's aggressive it's not great trying to push him around until you hit ya know.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:38 AM

Either call or reraise. Up to you.