Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 11:23 AM

Default A Second Politics Forum is Needed

It seems to me with all the threads here in ATF over the past year about the politics forum, which clearly generates more complaints than any forum on 2+2, that there needs to be a 2nd politics forum created, much like El D setting up his own lounge-like discussion forum to be an alternative to the Lounge for those who don't care for that forum.

Here would be the new lineup:

1) Politics-lite : this will be the old politics forum and with the current mods from there. Emphasis will be on "Political Correctness", not offending any minority group even when such criticisms are valid/true, and genteel tea-room suitable standards of discourse.

2) Politics-rough & tumble : this will the new forum and for vigourous, in-your-face, sarcastic and aggressive discussions, where AC'ers are welcome, and where insults are allowed to a degree as long as they don't circumvent the profanity filter. If you think and argue like an idiot you can and will get called an idiot. Emphasis will be on reasoned discussion with logically valid conclusions flowing from given premises, although of course the validity of premises will often be in dispute. Truth and intellectual honesty will be given priority of being non-offensive, although blatanly racist/hateful posts will still be off limits, though they will be judged to more of a standard of truth than the current forum. Posters who make use of intentionally falsehoods and logical fallacies on a continuing basis would be subject to discipline here. pvn and Boro would be excellent mods for this forum.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: A Second Politics Forum is Needed

Sure, and why not add some more like:

3) Politics-Circle Jerk : this will be the forum for the Me-Too generation. Once a topic is started only sycophants and yes men will be allowed to post. If you can't stand someone disagreeing with you, post here.

4) Politics-Hello Kitty : this will be for discussion of the political intrigues and general WTF-ness of anime.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:02 PM

BluffTHIS 4 mod!
Old 04-27-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4) Politics-Hello Kitty : this will be for discussion of the political intrigues and general WTF-ness of anime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 04-27-2007, 02:10 PM

I wrote this like two hours ago, but 2+2 [censored] up. Lucily i copied it.

Bluff,

I know you like to put it that way because it helps your ends.

A more realistic split would be:

Politics Forum

ACism Forum

Where ACists cant hijack threads in Politics, but are allowed to link to sister threads in the Politics forum, and where people who arent interested in unrealistic mumbo jumbo voodoo answers to the worlds problems which have no real end goal and no map for achieving such a system can post in Politics free from such BS forced upon them and can just ignore the ACism Forum.

Ironically, i think the ACism forum should be split into ACism 1 and ACism 2 to create a market economy on what becomes the most popular forum. It is this drive of competition that will help make ACism Forum 2 better than 1. No wait, 1 is better than 2. Ah, who cares.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wrote this like two hours ago, but 2+2 [censored] up. Lucily i copied it.

Bluff,

I know you like to put it that way because it helps your ends.

A more realistic split would be:

Politics Forum

ACism Forum

Where ACists cant hijack threads in Politics,

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that old strawman again. It's been scientifically proven by guys with PhDs and lasers, that the vast majority of "AC hijacks" are performed by statists.

Do you even *read* politics anymore? Or have you been "frightened off" by having your poor positions ruthlessly demolished over and over again (it seems you're not doing much better in ATF, judging from the reaction to your recent suggestions here).

[ QUOTE ]
where people who arent interested in unrealistic mumbo jumbo voodoo answers to the worlds problems which have no real end goal and no map for achieving such a system can post in Politics free from such BS forced upon them and can just ignore the ACism Forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahah. Yeah, there's no "mumbo-jumbo" in "real" politics, just a bunch of nice honest people who never try to force any BS onto anyone else. "LAWLS", as they say.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:38 PM

Nah, dont read there. It was mostly to do with all the ACism stuff and less real politics and discussion i left. I might come back when the elections over there get into full swing, i foresee a lot of new topics coming up daily.

Fwiw, i never really had any arguments crushed, especially not in Politics. Im still reading over the links provided to my last question in there on whether guns save more lives than take and scepticle but still on the fence on that point.

Most of it comes down to who can shout loudest, and with a few of you shouting the same stuff its a case of being drowned out more than argued down. Min wage was a good one on that where all evidence against that it works and thus goes against the theory that it doesnt (and is REALLY loved by ACists who hate all government) is rejected out of hand. Not quite the scientific model and what is the point in argueing stuff like that.

Ive made two suggestions here, and both were rejected. Boo hoo. I still think the subscription model is a highly workable revenue stream under the conditions i stated due to the restrictions being stuff like avatars, undertitles, some kind of Gold Member type status thing and the ability to post more than X number of new threads per day (which has an added benefit of cutting down on newbie crap and stopping spammers. I didnt realise how much 2+2 potentially makes in adverts so my conclusion of there needing to be extra revenue appeared to be false. Learn something new every day.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:09 PM

Bluff,

You should have your own forum. We'll call it the "Nukebombing arabs and nonchristians" forum. Only you will post there, and only you will be able to read it. Everyone wins.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:22 PM

Bluff, I'm going to pretend you're serious for a second. The reason your idea won't work is that TPTB including myself don't want what would be involved with a "Rough & Tumble" to exist anywhere on 2+2. The rules I enforce that you don't like apply to every forum on 2+2. Even BBV has rules about what you can post. The kind of trolling, flaming and racially antangonistic debate you wish to allow will never be permitted anywhere on 2+2.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2) Politics-rough & tumble : this will the new forum and for vigourous, in-your-face, sarcastic and aggressive discussions, where AC'ers are welcome, and where insults are allowed to a degree as long as they don't circumvent the profanity filter. If you think and argue like an idiot you can and will get called an idiot. Emphasis will be on reasoned discussion with logically valid conclusions flowing from given premises, although of course the validity of premises will often be in dispute. Truth and intellectual honesty will be given priority of being non-offensive, although blatanly racist/hateful posts will still be off limits, though they will be judged to more of a standard of truth than the current forum. Posters who make use of intentionally falsehoods and logical fallacies on a continuing basis would be subject to discipline here. pvn and Boro would be excellent mods for this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that this option exists. It's called "get a damn blog". I have my own politics blog (which I keep firmly segregated from my poker online identity) for this exact purpose.
Closed Thread