Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2006, 10:59 PM

Default Need Help- Duckman Quote

Hey,

I am trying to get the full text of a quote from the cartoon duckman. Its from season 1 episode "joking the chicken", near the end duckman goes on a rant about how offensive humor is OK. That is the quote I'm looking for. I have googled a ton of words/phrases I thought was in it and turned up nothing. I also tried to find the episode but havent been able to get it yet. If anyone could help me find this or has the quote/episode I would appreciate it.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Need Help- Duckman Quote

Great show, just buy the dvd set.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Need Help- Duckman Quote

Duckman: "I know you all came here to see Iggy Catalpa, because you think he's funny, because you like his style,
because you just plain like him, right?

Crowd: YA!!

Duckman: "But, you just think you do, because you were manipulated into thinking you do, by him, King Chicken!

Crowd: (Gasp!)

Duckman: "He did it the same way they manipulate us into buying toothpaste, carwax, even politicians! All prepackaged. The least offensive, most appealing alternative. But it's precisely when humour is offensive that we need it most. Comedy should provoke! It should blast through prejudices, challenge preconceptions. Comedy should always leave you different then when it found you."

Crowd: (????)

King Chicken: "The rebel seems 'roused!"

Duckman: "Sure, humour can hurt, even alienate. But the risk is better than the alternative; A steady diet of inocuous, childproof, flavourless mush! Demand to be challenged, to be offended, to be treated like thinking, reasoning adults! And raise your children to be the same! Don't let a comedian, a network, a congressional committee, or an evil genius take away your freedom to laugh at whatever you want!"